Windows 10: More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome

Discus and support More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Keeping you safe and secure online is part of Chrome’s DNA. Along with providing strong default protections, we aim to give you accessible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 19, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome

Source: More intuitive privacy and security controls in Chrome

:)

Brink, May 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, May 19, 2020
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, May 19, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - More intuitive privacy

2. My google chrome is controlled by the organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My google chrome is controlled by the organization: Hi, i just got rid of the akward ygl search virus this is an app in the store DONT BUY IT it is a total scam/virus so now i got rid of it but it is still 1 thing left in my settings i show a picture below.How do i get rid of it???? Thanks for helping!fe...
  3. Windows Security Google Chrome dialogue crashes Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Google Chrome dialogue crashes Chrome: Win10 version 20H2 Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 Official Build 64-bit Problem date: 20-Dec-2020 Open Chrome > find a password protected site served by a saved Chrome password > Click Chrome "key" icon > click Manage Passwords button > click "eye" icon > opens Windows...
  4. Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure

in Windows 10 News
    Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure: [ATTACH] Every day 4 million Chrome extensions are downloaded, and with more than 250,000 extensions and themes available on the Chrome Web Store, no two Chrome browsers are alike. From productivity and learning tools to entertainment and shopping, extensions on Chrome open...
  5. ONE DRIVE INSTRUCTIONS NEED TO BE MORE INTUITIVE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONE DRIVE INSTRUCTIONS NEED TO BE MORE INTUITIVE!: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 and to my disappointment, I found that OneDrive seems to have taken on a mind of its own. I could NOT stop the autosync, which took almost a day to complete. Once completed, I was able to designate which files I wanted to make...
  6. More secure and convenient Autofill coming to Google Chrome on Android

in Windows 10 News
    More secure and convenient Autofill coming to Google Chrome on Android: Chrome can help you fill in forms securely - everywhere on the web. Whether it is your username and password to sign in to your email account, or your credit card number when you’re about to purchase your new favorite pair of sneakers. Today we’re...
  7. Google keeping privacy and security simple for you

in Windows 10 News
    Google keeping privacy and security simple for you: Our goal has always been to create products that are simple, helpful, and intuitive. It’s no different with privacy and security: managing your data should be just as easy as making a restaurant reservation, or using Maps to find the fastest way back home. Earlier this year,...
  8. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  9. Evolving security indicators for Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Evolving security indicators for Google Chrome: Previously, we posted a proposal to mark all HTTP pages as definitively “not secure” and remove secure indicators for HTTPS pages. HTTPS usage on the web has taken off as we’ve evolved Chrome security indicators. Later this year, we’ll be taking several more steps along this...
  10. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook: As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your own data. We’re also announcing plans to make your core privacy settings easier to find, and sharing our privacy principles...