Windows 10: More Network Nightmares......

Discus and support More Network Nightmares...... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thought I'd cleared this problem almost 2 weeks ago.....but on returning to my local 'network' (2 x PCs), once again....am always directed to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevConlon, Mar 25, 2019.

1. KevConlon Win User

More Network Nightmares......

Thought I'd cleared this problem almost 2 weeks ago.....but on returning to my local 'network' (2 x PCs), once again....am always directed to Windows Media Player....and can't actually 'see' files on my network.

All folders are 'shared'.

Media streaming....is ON (although seems to keep turning itself OFF)

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host....all 4 of these have been set to automatic

I must be going MAD!!!!

:)

KevConlon, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. More Network Nightmares...... - Similar Threads - More Network Nightmares

2. Display nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display nightmare: One of the kids has managed to turn my page display black and the text yellow! I can't get it back to the normal white page display and black text. Can anyone help please? I have asked him how he did it and he can't remember because he says he was messing around and clicked...
  3. Networking Nightmares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking Nightmares: I am soooo annoyed with the changes to windows and especially the loss of Homegroup function...I have not been able to get my home network computers to talk to each other properly for a long time.When searching I can find them, although not always in Network but the sharing...
  4. Networking Nightmares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking Nightmares: I am soooo annoyed with the changes to windows and especially the loss of Homegroup function...I have not been able to get my home network computers to talk to each other properly for a long time.When searching I can find them, although not always in Network but the sharing...
  5. Networking Nightmares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WINDOWS NIGHTMARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS NIGHTMARE: I installed a new gen 4 SSD and changed my motherboard, which began my worst day ever in the past decade. Windows is refusing to boot, stating that my PC can't start properly. The PC refuses to boot with the new NVME drive installed. It works fine when I take it out. I tried...
  7. OneDrive Nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Nightmare: It is a sad day in the world when the memoirs and articles one writes, on their personal computer, cannot even be saved privately on their very own personal computer. OneDrive makes it impossible to privately save your own documents in the way you see most fitting on your...
  8. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  9. Activation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation nightmare: I have purchased a minecraft key and for MS's information, this has been the most difficult and time consuming activation I've ever encountered. Anyway, I am now told I need to link an applicable device in order to install the game. I am on my windows 10 laptop and I am...
  10. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...