Windows 10: More observations

Discus and support More observations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jc836, Apr 17, 2015.

1. jc836 Win User

More observations

Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring.
    The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It does not truly detect the Asus DG card and actually broke the setup for it. A reinstall of the driver fixed that.

The ongoing question of how to have rounded edges persists. Some programs load as they did in 10041 and others are sharp cornered. An example of this is Media Monkey 4 versus 3. The latter version has the "old" look still, but not so for the update to 4. I wonder when we get the option back for what I'll call smooth edges for desktops.

:)

jc836, Apr 17, 2015
  2. Pfinstir Win User

Some Observations

I have had this problem on both my Lenovo laptop and desktop. I hope I am not stating the obvious or missed someone else saying what I am about to say.

I noticed that your PC will kinda give you a warning when it is getting ready to throw this error message upon sign on. For me, the notifications, in the lower right hand corner and the Start button stop working. When that happens two events have either
    occurred, need my attention or are about to occur.

I have already mentioned the first one, things stop responding. Second, it means that an automatic update is lurking in the wings. Third, my PC is getting ready to give me the "Critical Error" message.

On my desktop, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously, when the LENOVO trademark screen comes on, the PC will go to the golden (for me) set-up screen and load the update. After the update is loaded, I have no problems logging in. This does not apply to
    my laptop, for some reason.

I tried the hard boot method, but it didn't work. Instead, I selected the RESTART, instead of SHUT DOWN option. That seemed to trigger the installation of the lurking update. After the update was installed, I was able to log into my laptop, with no problem.

Now next problem, draining the battery and preventing it from charging completely. I noticed the battery no longer functioned properly during the installs for Windows 10 upgrade. I guess 1 problem at a time. Guess I'm off to Lenovo to see if there is
    a patch for this problem. Please let me know if this helps anyone.

Pfinstir, Apr 17, 2015
  3. Not a qustion but an observation,

There's also a forum (windowsphone.uservoice.com) that Microsoft uses for gathering feedback on the phone and suggestions for improvement. This forum is primarily a peer support forum. The UserVoice forum is the better place for making suggestions to influence
    future updates.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Apr 17, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

More observations

I have no idea what you're talking about....

Mystere, Apr 17, 2015
  5. Hi

My Sound Blaster card quit working completely in this build, not detected at all.
    Even running the install software didn't bring it back, it will be interesting to see if it comes back in later builds.

I had to switch to my on-board sound but that's working better then the SB card has in a long time so I'm just going to stick with it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

More observations

1. More observations - Similar Threads - More observations

2. Snapping windows is causing more clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows is causing more clicks: I finally figured out how to stop the snapping windows from showing me the different layouts. Is there any way I can stop my snaps from automatically going to a narrow screen in the middle of the screen? I am constantly spending time with my windows anymore maximizing,...
  3. Snapping windows is causing more clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapping windows is causing more clicks: I finally figured out how to stop the snapping windows from showing me the different layouts. Is there any way I can stop my snaps from automatically going to a narrow screen in the middle of the screen? I am constantly spending time with my windows anymore maximizing,...
  4. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased more space but it isn't activating.: I recently passed my storage capacity and had to purchase more space. After the purchase, my account states that i am only using %1 of my storage space but am still unable to receive, or send emails as if im still full. When i try to send an email or receive one with another...
  5. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

Purchased more space but it isn't activating.: I recently passed my storage capacity and had to purchase more space. After the purchase, my account states that i am only using %1 of my storage space but am still unable to receive, or send emails as if im still full. When i try to send an email or receive one with another...
  6. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  8. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  9. Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings: I have been having an intermittent issue with Windows 11 on Bluetooth COM Ports. When initially pairing, the device will go into COM7 and COM8 in More Bluetooth Settings->COM Ports Image is failing to upload right now, sorry.The problem I have is that with seemingly no change...
  10. More about observations than queries...........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More about observations than queries...........: I am not sure if I should post at Virtualization or here. Brief background........... I have a Dell laptop started with Vista > upgraded to Win 8 Pro (retail upgrade version)> Win 8.1 Pro > Win 10 Pro I have an Acer laptop started with Win 7 Home Premium > upgraded to...