Windows 10: More or less daily unexpected restarts

Discus and support More or less daily unexpected restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems to be a more or less daily occurrence. My computer will close and restart without warning. This seems to have no effect elsewhere. Anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Apr 11, 2016.

1. chipwood Win User

More or less daily unexpected restarts

It seems to be a more or less daily occurrence. My computer will close and restart without warning.
    This seems to have no effect elsewhere. Anything router-wise is as was.
    May be my bad memory, but I can't think why this happens.

Has anyone ideas about this, please?

:)

chipwood, Apr 11, 2016
  2. petrib Win User

Nokia 5800 Wireless (again)

FWIW, I use my N95 8GB on my home WLAN more or less daily (hidden SSID, WPA2) on firmware v31 (used it also with previous firmware versions).

petrib, Apr 11, 2016
  3. IRQL LESS OR MORE ERROR and System restart.

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 11, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Unfortunately not without more details:

6 Ways to Open Event Viewer in Windows 10

Check the event logs for possible messages that may indicate what is causing the reboots ... post a screenshot of the error or type it verbatim if possible.

RWOne, Apr 11, 2016
  5. chipwood Win User
    The happening were between 2 and 430 pm. Nothing stood out to me, and the number would be excessive to screenshot. Therefore I have attached a PDF, so, if there is anything a trained eye would notice, I can send more details of that.

chipwood, Apr 12, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Just a thought. Can you open Reliability History and have a look for problems/clues there?
    I recently had an issue with front panel USB connections, and it showed up like this:

More or less daily unexpected restarts [​IMG]

Double-clicking on the Source (Windows), brought this screen, identifying the USB problem.

However, my system did not restart from this problem. But, a RAM problem would cause a shutdown.

simrick, Apr 12, 2016
  7. chipwood Win User
    @simrick
    Je suis allé l -bas et reviens!
    Nothing at all round the event time. All day all that was showing were re configurations of Office 2007.

chipwood, Apr 12, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Well, I didn't notice anything in the event viewer PDF file you uploaded. I'm stabbing in the dark here, but I would start with this:

Check Windows Update to see if it's set to update immediately, and if there are any failing updates:
    Settings>Update & security>Windows Update>Advanced Options = Choose how updates are installed: in the drop down, select "Notify to schedule restart"
    Then click on "View your update history" and see if you have one that is repeatedly failing.

sfc /scannow to make sure your system files are intact
    ESET online scan to make sure it's not some sort of infection causing this (disable Comodo while running this)
    Memtest 86+ to see if your RAM is failing

If you need help with any of these, please ask.

simrick, Apr 13, 2016
  9. sijones Win User
    This problem sounds the same as my recent escapade, here: Spontaneous crashes / reboots

Currently appears to be fixed, though I dunno quite why...

sijones, Apr 13, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    Hi Simon,
    That is indeed strange - everything is back the way it was before, and for some reason the reboots stopped?! *Confused
    @clean boot a try; couldn't hurt.

simrick, Apr 13, 2016
  11. chipwood Win User
    @simrick
    I'm working through your suggestions

ESET found
    Code: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\browserMon.sys Win64/Adware.PrivDog.A application cleaned by deleting[/quote] Reading on it there are claims that to get rid of it can be problematic; many other "cures" being offered.
    Scannow found no integrity violations.

Memtest is for later atm

chipwood, Apr 13, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Reading on it there are claims that to get rid of it can be problematic; many other "cures" being offered.
    Scannow found no integrity violations.

Memtest is for later atm[/quote] PrivDog appears to have come bundled with Comodo.
    Privdog is Superfish all over again - gHacks Tech News

Glad you got rid of that. Might want to run AdwCleaner just to make sure there's nothing else lurking around. Don't bother with the other "cures" you find on the internet - some are questionable.

Good news on the sfc /scannow.

The Memtest86+ will take quite some time to run; you might want to try the clean boot first, as @sijones mentioned.

simrick, Apr 13, 2016
  13. chipwood Win User

Comodo! WTH do internet security providers come up with such dross?
    I actually ditched a few days back, had something in my water on it! Trying AVG again, but after downloading I'm getting told the executable in inaccessible. Pps seem to have had problems for months. The experts, I reckon, are trying to be too clever by half.

*cry*Rolleyes*Sick Now Adwcleaner is saying, the database cannot be loaded!

chipwood, Apr 13, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    Yeah, these things are popping up everywhere now.

Listen, I just downloaded the AdwCleaner from the Bleeping Computer site. When I tried to run it, I got a message that there was a newer version. So, I've downloaded it from ToolsLib, which is where the developer has the program.
    ToolsLib - Downloads - AdwCleaner

After downloading, open the folder, right-click on the file and select Properties. Then Unblock the program.

The current download is adwcleaner_5.111.exe 3,584 KB

Windows Smart Screen will try to prevent the program from running. Just click "more info", and then "Run anyway".

It will run - mine is right now.

simrick, Apr 13, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    Speaking of AVs: If I were you, I would use Windows Defender, the paid version of Malwarebytes Antimalware, and the free version of Malwarebytes Antiexploit. They all will play very nicely together and give you really good protection.

You could also install Unchecky which will help avoid those annoying piggy-back installs.

simrick, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

1. More or less daily unexpected restarts - Similar Threads - More less daily

2. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  3. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  4. Unexpected restart

Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  5. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  6. Unexpected restart

Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  7. Daily BSoD, sometimes more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSoD, sometimes more: Hello everyone, first off thanks for your hard work on these problems. Now to my issue. I've tried analyzing it but cannot find specific proof for my suspicions and am at the end of my wits. Obviously since i'm here it is related to bluescreens. After refreshing the system...
  8. My Windows 10 Restarts Unexpectedly On a Daily Basis

My Windows 10 Restarts Unexpectedly On a Daily Basis: Over the past 2 to 3 days my computer has began performing random restarts. Ive attempted to solve the issue several times. Ive checked hardware and I can assure you it isnt the problem. Ive also checked the eventviewer and it has yet to direct me to what the issue is. All I...
  9. Daily restart

Daily restart: Morning everyone, I have a desktop machine that is rebooting very often, almost daily but not quite. I was wondering if this was maybe a RAM issue, so I did a RAM diagnostics which manage to complete 4 passes, no errors. After 40 hours I decided to start testing other items....
  10. Unexpected Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Restart: While I was playing ZDoom 2.7.1, my computer sometimes restarts unexpectedly (Event 41 Kernel-Power): - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...