Windows 10: More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

Discus and support More padding/spacing in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There's an option under tablet mode called "When I'm not using tablet mode". Under this, there is an option for making file explorer icons easier to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Win11Observer, Sep 3, 2021.

1. More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

There's an option under tablet mode called "When I'm not using tablet mode". Under this, there is an option for making file explorer icons easier to touch which should allegedly give File Explorer more spacing/padding, similar to Win11.

But it doesn't do anything for me. Is this a bug, or did the feature get removed?

submitted by /u/Win11Observer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Win11Observer, Sep 3, 2021
  2. wpcoe Win User

Line spacing in File Explorer List View

It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now.

Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing?

Here's what I see now:

More padding/spacing in File Explorer? [​IMG]

wpcoe, Sep 3, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

@Steve C Hi, I looked at that, but it doesn't seem to be for file explorer... could you post a screenshot of what you're suggesting please? Perhaps you have a later version..

It does actually change the spacing between icons for both the desktop and thumbnail views of a folder.

At 50:

At 75:

(Compare vs text on left).

dalchina, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

More padding/spacing in File Explorer?

1. More padding/spacing in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - More padding spacing

2. spacing on word pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spacing on word pad: how do i decrease spacing to space 1 space when writing a letter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacing-on-word-pad/48ac7019-ac43-4e9c-8035-4cd5c7665849
  3. spacing on word pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spacing on word pad: how do i decrease spacing to space 1 space when writing a letter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacing-on-word-pad/48ac7019-ac43-4e9c-8035-4cd5c7665849
  4. New Spacing Padding with 21H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Spacing Padding with 21H2: These are both the same Applications window in List View. The top one is 20H2. The one underneath is from Dev Insider Build. The thought is it makes things easier to see, more pleasant view, less eye strain. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  5. File explorer issues and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer issues and more: When I got this PC it was running well until one day I would put in my pin and it would show a black screen. To fix this I pressed ctrl+alt+delete and opened task manager and started ending system tasks. Eventually I found out that wsappx was causing the issue. But it still...
  6. no more note pad.

no more note pad.: After the last update of windows , note pad is gone . i cant find note pad . i have searched in contra, start menu and in search bar but they are showing no note pad app in my laptop....
  7. more space

more space: how do i get more space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-space/2594cde7-bcdb-405e-8a1d-3a48fcf88829
  8. Strange padding in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange padding in Explorer: Hello! I have a little bit of a weird question, but I think I received an update recently and probably changed some setting, which caused explorer to have padding in the search and URL box. I attach two pictures to show how it is for me, and how it should be like. This is how...
  9. Word Pad line spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Pad line spacing: How can I get the 1.0 line spacing to stay in place; it reverts to 1.5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-pad-line-spacing/6d6a18dd-63d4-49ab-bc60-ce34ed83420d
  10. Windows Explorer Shows Disc with MORE space used than is used by files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Shows Disc with MORE space used than is used by files: I am hoping someone can help me. I am operating a Dell Precision 5520 that is a 2 - 3 years old. I have 500G harddive - that shows about 453G that is usable. Of the 453G - Windows Explorer is showing that I only have about 7.7G free. However, if I add up all the space...