Windows 10: More secure Browser ?

Discus and support More secure Browser ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Makes me wonder why when using Edge for Battlefield 3 plug ins, i get this warning. [img] 13625 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jds63, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

More secure Browser ?

Makes me wonder why when using Edge for Battlefield 3 plug ins, i get this warning.

More secure Browser ? [​IMG]

:)

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

how to import passwords from Chrome to Edge

Storing passwords in a web browser is not secure. You should be using a real password manager like Dashlane, LastPass or 1Password. There are many other excellent password managers, and any of them will be a more secure solution for storing passwords than
    a web browser.

BulldogXX, Aug 6, 2015
  3. J-Cloud Win User
    Access the Internet in Safe Mode with Networking. Cannot Launch Edge.

Joy,

Thanks. This was the work-around suggested earlier. It does work.

It doesn't answer a fundamental issue in the ongoing development of Win 10 and Edge. Why is Edge unavailable in Safe Mode?

I'll accept Microsoft's claim that Edge is improved technology and a more secure browser than Internet Explorer. Yet, the work-around is to use the less secure browser in Safe Mode, where I'd think security should be even more important.

Can we expect Microsoft to address this issue as it continues to update Win 10 and its Edge browser?

J-Cloud, Aug 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

More secure Browser ?

Guess this explains it more..........

More secure Browser ? [​IMG]

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    This keeps coming up, unless i change Edge being the default browser, as plug in is also in IE and Firefox or i have click Open with Internet Explorer every time i use this game.

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  6. It is because the site in question doesn't understand what Edge is. Edge is a new browser, it is only natural for sites to be confused by it.

logicearth, Aug 6, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Yeah, i guess it would take time.Just thought was kind of funny, thinking how much say IE was secure, it saying this for Edge.
    It works though with Edge, that i am not saying, just will pop up everytime unless i change default.

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

More secure Browser ?

*Ditto They say get a more modern browser, I say update your database because Edge is more modern *Biggrin

Dude, Aug 6, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Well Battlefield is older, but not Origin, true to that. As said no issues, just the message alerted me. To any other gamers that use Origin. Do use Steam, but has no games with plug ins.

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    I understand that. I haven't played any battlefield in quite a while. May be time to put it back on *Biggrin

11. jds63 Win User
    Had to reinstall Origin and it updated too !! To me Battlefield Bad Company 2 the best one, one gave me the alert was Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, also have Battlefield Hardline which will use the same plug in as BF 3 and is a new game.
    All in all, for any wondering they work fine on Windows 10.

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  12. Hydranix Win User
    Sites like these use different methods to detect what browser you're using.

Mega.nz does the same thing.

It has very little to do with security and more to do with supported features.

The sites are hard-coded to detect user agents (there are other methods as well but that's out of the scope of this post)

Edge provides this user-agent.
    Code: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.10240[/quote] The site probably isn't updated to understand edges user agent so it serves up that page, to get you to download and use a browser that it understand. This is so they don't have to spend money on support.

If you''re wondering why Microsoft's browser has a user agent with things like "Mozilla" "AppleWebKit" "Chrome" and "Safari" I'd suggest you read this: History of the browser user-agent string

Hydranix, Aug 6, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

More secure Browser ?

Thanks hydranix, nice work, give it a read. May use IE or Firefox or not worry too much. As origin may make some changes eventually.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

More secure Browser ?

1. More secure Browser ? - Similar Threads - More secure Browser

2. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  3. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  4. No internet, Secured. But more complicated.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, Secured. But more complicated.: So my pc has been working completely fine all day and i restarted it because my nvidia drivers werent working. After the restart my pc refuses to connect to ethernet, or wifi. I have a pcie wifi card and have tried 2 different ones in my system. I have followed other guides...
  5. Make your Favorite Browser to more secure by enabling windowsb defender application guard...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make your Favorite Browser to more secure by enabling windowsb defender application guard...: Make your favorite browser Microsoft Chromium Edge-Google Chrome- Mozilla Firefox more secure by enabling secured features through. Compatible Operating system windows 10 1903 or later versions with Professional or Education or Enterprise edition is needed 01. Through...
  6. Windows Security - Learn More

Windows Security - Learn More: Some may not be aware of this and some may find the info available enlightening, interesting. > Windows Security 'dashboard'. > any category & at the top-right is Windows community videos...
  7. Browser security vs security package protection

Browser security vs security package protection: This has nothing directly to do with Win 10, but ... Some time ago I read an article about browsers using TLS to protect against man-in-the-middle attacks, and how some security packages disable this and become (in the eyes of the browser) a man-in-the-middle. I can no...
  8. firefox browser security

in Browsers and Email
    firefox browser security: hi, guys I hear browser security should be taken seriously, which top extensions/add-on's do you guys use/recommend to make Firefox really safe when I am browsing, thanks for you time guys, , 63893
  9. Learn More - WhatsApp Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Learn More - WhatsApp Security: Learn More - WhatsApp Security Privacy and Security is in our DNA From day one, we built WhatsApp to help you stay in touch with friends, share vital information during natural disasters, reconnect with separated families, or seek a better life. Some of your most...
  10. Building a more power efficient browser

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more power efficient browser: Today, Jason Weber shared a post on the Windows Experience Blog demonstrating the power efficiency of Microsoft Edge over other popular browsers on Windows 10. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we are hard at work pushing the envelope further, engineering Microsoft Edge...