Windows 10: More Start Menu Features

Discus and support More Start Menu Features in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nfonseca, Oct 15, 2021.

1. nfonseca Win User

More Start Menu Features

Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious little space for apps that the user chooses to add. I was one of the individuals who loved the full screen start menu. I had all of my favorite/most used apps grouped together and I could find them instantly at a glance. Now everything is hidden. away and difficult to find. Previously I cold group my work apps, folders, and

:)

nfonseca, Oct 15, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 15, 2021
  4. More Start Menu Features

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

More Start Menu Features

1. More Start Menu Features - Similar Threads - More Start Menu

2. Start menu and more won´t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  5. More start menu real state please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More start menu real state please?: What's the point of being able to turn off "show recently added apps", "show most used apps", and "show recently opened items", if it doesn't free up space for more icons on the start menu? Having half of the menu area empty, only saying "to show your recent files and new...
  6. More start menu real state please?

More start menu real state please?: What's the point of being able to turn off "show recently added apps", "show most used apps", and "show recently opened items", if it doesn't free up space for more icons on the start menu? Having half of the menu area empty, only saying "to show your recent files and new...
  7. More Start Menu Features

More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  8. No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?: My computer just installed feature update 21H1 over-night and it seems it's disabled the ability to have the icons be coloured in the Start menu? Is there any way to re-enable this? Having all the icons matching the light/dark mode with no accent colour looks absolutely awful...
  9. Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?: I would like to make the start menu more transparent. Ideally without 3rd party tools. submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj2lah/is_it_possible_to_make_start_menu_more_transparent/
  10. More Groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789