Windows 10: More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

Discus and support More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogérioDec, Aug 15, 2019.

1. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd

For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black window with the Windows 10 logo and the little dots circling.

1. That's my current hardwarespecifiations
    2. Windows boot screen stays more than 1 minute to then display the login screen
    3. Initially, I had just one Windows 10 x64 installation, then I installed a new Win10 on dual boot to compare
    4. After the new win10 dual boot installation, the boot time was reduced to 8 seconds (in this case the default win10 was automatically set to the new installation)
    5. But changing to default win10 startup to the old win10, the time came back to 1 minute
    6. Both win10 are with Fast Startup OFF
    7. Safe boot doesn't change the boot time
    8. The red led in front of the desktop (disk I/O) is completely OFF until the login screen is reached (so, no disk I/O during 1 minute)
    9. The drivers for BIOS, RAID, Motherboard are the same for both win10 installations, so it's not a hardware or driver problem.

:)

RogérioDec, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 15, 2019
  4. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

I'm running a sfc scan right now. I played with drivers, fastboot is off. Next I will try MS Diagnostic Tools, if nothing works I will turn fastboot on, enjoy my 1 minute boot and 2 minute shutdowns untill I buy an SSD.

mouseclick, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

1. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD - Similar Threads - More minute boot

2. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  3. wont stay on for more than a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wont stay on for more than a minute: Hello, My desktop hp keeps turning off/ sleeping. I have both setting set to Never and it still turns off. I have also gone into "additional power settings" and have also chose never for "change when the computer sleeps" and "choose when to turn off the display" I have...
  4. Windows 10 Pro slower boot from SSD #2 than SSD #1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro slower boot from SSD #2 than SSD #1: Hey guys; I just did a new build. ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus WiFi AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 32GB 3200MHz RAM Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Storage: 2ea WD Blue SN550 1TB; one on M.2_1 and one on M.2_2 When I first installed Windows 10 Pro, I put it on the M.2_2 disk. Why? Because...
  5. Cannot Boot Windows/Keep New Installation Running for More Than A Minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot Windows/Keep New Installation Running for More Than A Minute: The other day, my PC gray-screened while I was playing the new Mount and Blade. I assumed it crashed, so I shut it off, and restarted it. Firstly, my monitor had stopped working it turned out that the DVI-D cable had died. I switched to an HDMI, which fixed it....
  6. Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more: Hi, I am using Dell XPS 15 (9560) 512 SSD, 16 GB ram, 4 GB NVIDIA GTX. After the recent windows update my Windows 10 is booting for 5-10 minutes. I did reset my Windows for several times, it fixs for couples of days after that it becomes the same, I tried other methods...
  7. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687
  8. Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen): I just put an old drive back onto system (Main hard drive won't boot at all currently see-https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/86082-windows-10-getting-automatic-repairing-diagnosing-pc-messages.html) The old drive had worked fine until Windows 10 did an update this...
  9. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...
  10. Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and more than 1 monitor: hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario. #1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10Pro(64) #2 Installed fine, but borked all installed games on steam, couldnt load a single one. A laundry list of...