Windows 10: More than 2 gpu not recognized

Discus and support More than 2 gpu not recognized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a x570ud gigabyte motherboard, 8gb ram and ryzen 5, with a 256gb nvme. I bought this config, so that I could also use it for mining too, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anshukg, Feb 1, 2021.

1. More than 2 gpu not recognized

Hi,

I have a x570ud gigabyte motherboard, 8gb ram and ryzen 5, with a 256gb nvme.

I bought this config, so that I could also use it for mining too, I have 2 3060ti and a 3070, I am trying to run one of the 3060 ti gpu through riser through pcie1x for mining, while the other 2 GPUs are connected directly through x16 slots, however the GPU connected via the riser is not visible in device manager, I tried placing the riser 1x slot in an emotional 16x slot too, but then too it was not visible.

I tried enabling 4g decoding in bios and gen2, but to no avail.

I then arranged a nvidia 1030, and tried to run that via the riser, I thought since the 1030 required no external power, it could be visible, I understand there is no reason for this line of thought, but since I was able to get my hands on an older gpu, which had a differentiation, I wanted to give it a shot.

And this time the 1030 gpu was recognised easily through the riser!

I have tried and searched whatever I could, really need some help here, would be awesome if someone could diagnose and help me !

submitted by /u/anshukg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anshukg, Feb 1, 2021
  2. EdInk Win User

GPU 2 no longer recognized n BIOS

Upgraded my OS drive to the 950 Pro from an 840 Evo ( to reduce cable clutter) and installed an extra PWM fan hub. Now GPU 2 isn't recognized. What I done so far.

• Flash BIOS to latest version, reverted to previous and back to latest.
    • Swapped graphic card ( that rules out faulty gpu )
    • Swapped PCIe Connector ( less chance of faulty PSU)
    • Booted with 1 RAM stick
    • Booted with M.2 slot disabled
    What else can i try? Specs Maximus 7 Ranger i7-4790K R9 290X CF

EdInk, Feb 1, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Alex702 Win User

More than 2 gpu not recognized

PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update

I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti). The only devices that show up in Device Manager are "Intel HD Graphics" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)." In dxdiag, the display device is listed as
    "Microsoft Basic Display Driver." I am unable to update the drivers for my GPU - the installer says that the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows.

When I try to update Windows, I am given the error code 0x80240fff.

Alex702, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

More than 2 gpu not recognized

1. More than 2 gpu not recognized - Similar Threads - More gpu recognized

2. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  3. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  6. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual: From yesterday I am facing a weird problem , normally while playing games my CPU usage stays at 40-50 percent and GPU usage stays at 60-70depends on games but now if I open up my games the CPU usage goes to 80-90 percent and GPU goes 100 percent . Previously I used to play...
  8. I think there should be more than 2 options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think there should be more than 2 options: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheWindowsPro98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/litady/i_think_there_should_be_more_than_2_options/
  9. Tablet Mode with More Than 2 Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode with More Than 2 Windows?: I saw a youtube video of someone using tablet mode to split tho screen 3 into three windows running vertically. When I try to do what they did (with the screen already split two ways, and starting a new one) I don't have the option to place the third window in between the...
  10. Wifi not working for more than 2 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working for more than 2 mins: Hi, I have hp pavilion g6-1365ea laptop with OS: Windows 10 pro. I am fed up with ra-link 5930 built in adapter as wifi connection doesn't last more than 2-3 mins. M not sure if this is adapter issue or PC heat up issue..as it connects wifi when PC is cool..it gets heated up...