Windows 10: More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

Discus and support More than 5 duplicates of the same photo. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have opened my photos and have found that I have 6 copies of the same photo. This is how they have been listed. (please see below) Does this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MinPM, Oct 26, 2019.

1. MinPM Win User

More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

Hi

I have opened my photos and have found that I have 6 copies of the same photo. This is how they have been listed. (please see below)

Does this mean that I have to manually delete all of these? I am very unsure as to how this has happened.

I would appreciate anyones feedback. Thanks so much.

More than 5 duplicates of the same photo. 45a0da89-9ed2-4140-8ba3-9ac860af5eb0?upload=true.png

:)

MinPM, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Oct 26, 2019
  4. More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

identify duplicate photos

Hi Maureen,

Can you please provide the following information:

• Where are you saving your photos?
    • Is duplicate photos in one folder?
    • When did this issue occur? Any changes made on your device?
    • Is it happening to all of the photos or to some of your photos?
    • Are you also experiencing duplicate files or photos alone?

We'll be here when you post back.

Justine Pel, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

1. More than 5 duplicates of the same photo. - Similar Threads - More duplicates same

2. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!: I use Window 10. I guess that means I have WMP 12 I can't find 'About' or 'Help' section. My problem is I have about 3,400 songs/videos. Most are doubles. Some have between 6-8 copies of the same song. This leads me to believe that I am wasting a lot of space - in addition to...
  3. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!: I use Window 10. I guess that means I have WMP 12 I can't find 'About' or 'Help' section. My problem is I have about 3,400 songs/videos. Most are doubles. Some have between 6-8 copies of the same song. This leads me to believe that I am wasting a lot of space - in addition to...
  4. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  6. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive: I have a large number of photos on a USB stick which I retrieved from the drive of a broken laptop. They almost certainly contain duplicates of photos on my working laptop. Is there a way of scanning both the Pictures folder on my laptop and the USB drive to detect them?...
  7. How to detect duplicate photos on more than one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Far more duplicates than I'd imagined

in Windows 10 Support
    Far more duplicates than I'd imagined: I thought to look for the duplicates on my system, using CCleaner's tool and expecting a moderate catch, but see attachment. Provided that all are absolutely identical is it safe to delete one of any pair. and how could those duplicates have come about? 21H1 183727
  9. using the same iso file in more than a computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using the same iso file in more than a computers: is it legal to use the same windows iso file in other computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-same-iso-file-in-more-than-a-computers/63094127-e316-4572-846f-aedbf2779aba
  10. Please help! Same issue more than year!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help! Same issue more than year!: The same issue is more than a year! I can't find the resolution online. The funniest, I still can change my password when I click "Forgot password" but when trying to login it doesn't work[IMG][IMG][IMG]...