Windows 10: More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

Discus and support More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is an ongoing, intermittent issue with Windows 10. I consistently get two keyboard device drivers. It does no good to uninstall one or the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by loc4ib, Sep 14, 2021.

1. loc4ib Win User

More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

This is an ongoing, intermittent issue with Windows 10. I consistently get two keyboard device drivers. It does no good to uninstall one or the other as the 2nd one eventually reappears. I'm using the keyboard on my laptop and that's the only keyboard I use/only keyboard installed. When the 2nd driver appears it locks my keyboard. I have to go to virtual keyboard to uninstall one of the drivers, then restart my computer. It's a real pain, especially when it happens in the middle of a meeting. If you research this bug you'll find it's been posted in the forum since 2015 and, 6 years later

:)

loc4ib, Sep 14, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Sep 14, 2021
  4. More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

Keyboard driver?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below to run hardware and device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• From the jump menu select Control Panel.

• On the Top right click on view by and select
      large icons.

• Go to troubleshooting.

• On the Left panel click View all items.

• Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest to follow method 2.

Method 2: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows + R key.

• In the pop up window type devmgmt.msc

• From the window right click Keyboards.

• From the jump menu select Update the driver software.

• Follow the ongoing instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the same issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with more information to assist you further.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

1. More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver - Similar Threads - More Keyboard Device

2. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  3. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  4. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows dvd player on more than one device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows dvd player on more than one device: I bought windows dvd player nine six months ago and a second laptop two months ago. Do I have to buy it again for my second computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-on-more-than-one-device/10b722e7-6394-4809-b29e-db02dcd7e69e
  6. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  7. 365 Family on more than one device.

365 Family on more than one device.: I have the full suite on my laptop and now need to install it on my daughter's laptop. Do I just login from her laptop and download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-family-on-more-than-one-device/8b08dee3-dea4-437d-8eb1-f9cdc2a3f806
  8. Display Product key for more than one device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Display Product key for more than one device: I need to display my product key on my machine to verify what I have written down is correct. Every where I look on the net it assumes that I only have one computer and one copy of windows. I have 6 computers one for each family member and I dont know which product key goes...
  9. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  10. Would like more than one login on a single device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Would like more than one login on a single device: I have a dual-boot of 2 different builds of Windows 10 on a single device (a laptop computer). I would like to have both of these boots to be my Microsoft account so I can synchronize between them. But when I try to convert my second one from a local account to my Microsoft...