Windows 10: More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed?

Discus and support More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We all know for Microsoft software is about business, no need to rub that speech on our faces. But to force users to pay 99 dollars to be able to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlosAlvarez9, Jan 26, 2020.

1. More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed?

We all know for Microsoft software is about business, no need to rub that speech on our faces. But to force users to pay 99 dollars to be able to add a single language to the operating system is plain and simple abuse. We don´t need all the rest of the perks in Windows Pro, only a single extra language. Please tell me I got it wrong and there´s a hidden eastern egg that I´m unaware of to allow users to add an extra language to the system at a reasonable rate, or even free. C´mon, anyone at Microsoft, from the cleaning lady to Bill Gates, be honest, is 99 dollars reasonable to add an extra language to a single language operating system? Please, work with your crowd!!!

:)

CarlosAlvarez9, Jan 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 26, 2020
  3. windows language SL change

Hi Aditya,

To change the language on your Windows 10 laptop, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch the
      Settings window.
    • Click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click Add a Language under Languages.
    • Locate then select English (United States).
    • Select the new language then click Options to download any language packs necessary.
    • Click Back then click Set as default after clicking
      English language.
    • Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard to launch
      Power User menu, then click Control Prompt.
    • Click Add a language.
    • Click the Advanced settings on the left pane.
    • Click the Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts option
    • under the Override for Windows display language.
    • Click Copy settings under Welcome screen and new user accounts, then click
      OK.
    • Tick all the boxes under Copy your current settings to at the bottom part of the window, then click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Make sure that you are using an Administrator account before doing the above mentioned steps.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 26, 2020
  4. More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed?

Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

The Media Creation tool is I believe multi edition Home and Pro, like my MSDN ISO's, but does not include the SL version? I don't see it listed on MSDN either? That's a step back IMHO, it's an option on the Windows 8.1 MCT. An 8.0 Core OEM key (not SL) will install 10 Home. Verified that myself. I don't know where you get that ISO? Hopefully it gets added to the MCT at some point. It's a pain but you likely can run the MCT on each PC and chose the "Upgrade this PC now" option to get around it. Not ideal but it should work. Then see if you get 10 Home or 10 Home SL. If you get the full 10 Home, they will have a digital entitlement for it. Any clean installs after that will work with the ISO's you have now. You just select Home and click skip key.

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed?

1. More than one language in Windows Home SL why the greed? - Similar Threads - More language Home

2. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  3. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  4. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  5. Change installed system language win10 Home SL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change installed system language win10 Home SL: I bought the store's exhibition model, it shows Win10 home in Spanish. I checked for other installed languages using command dism /Online /Get-Packages ¦ findstr /c:"LanguagePack" 6 lines displayed: Identidad del paquete :...
  6. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  7. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?: Is it possible to upgrade to Home (no SL) just to have more than one language pack for language proofing? I don't need the Pro functionality, just additional language packs for proofing tools. I just got my laptop with w10 Home SL (english), everything is ok until I need to...
  9. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....
  10. Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

Windows 10 SL to Home non SL: Hello I just buy new laptop and the windows 10 version is 10 SL. Now I want to change it to windows 10 home, should I buy new code or I just have to install the upgrade?...