Windows 10: More than one program maximizing.

Discus and support More than one program maximizing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpiritualHat03, Sep 24, 2019.

1. More than one program maximizing.

Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up along with the other one I have minimized, but its behind the one I opened. So both are now maximized with the second program behind the one I chose to maximize. This is really irritating as Im constantly having to use the Show Desktop button to get back instead of just minimizing one program.

:)

SpiritualHat03, Sep 24, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 24, 2019
  4. More than one program maximizing.

Programs not maximizing on Windows 10

Hi,

To better identify the issue, please answer the following:

• What programs are affected by the issue?
    • Do you remember making any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

More than one program maximizing.

1. More than one program maximizing. - Similar Threads - More program maximizing

2. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  3. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  4. 365 Family on more than one device.

365 Family on more than one device.: I have the full suite on my laptop and now need to install it on my daughter's laptop. Do I just login from her laptop and download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-family-on-more-than-one-device/8b08dee3-dea4-437d-8eb1-f9cdc2a3f806
  5. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  6. Highlight more than one pic. or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight more than one pic. or file: Before, as in week before last I was able, to have a small box at the top left corner of pictures, or files so could check more than one to move or copy, now I have to hold down the ctrl. button & it is a pain. I do use the ctrl lots of times, but it makes it easier if I had...
  7. I can’t open more than one program

I can’t open more than one program: This issue showed up after Windows 10 update, I can’t have more than one program. I should maximize the program to get it work but minimize the other. I also have problem with the mouse because double click is not working, I can open the programs with right click only....
  8. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....
  9. Can't open more than one window of any program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open more than one window of any program: When you right click (or left click and drag up) an app in the taskbar it brings up a menu. The bare minimum this menu displays for any app is: an option to pin/unpin from taskbar, an option to open a window of that app, and (if its running) a close button. Recently I have...
  10. Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions: I have a scheduled task to run Avast AshCmd.exe every day. The entry in Actions is "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~". (Quick is the name of my scan.) I'd like to add another command, to view the Avast log afterwards. Like "Notepad...