Windows 10: More than two audio devices

Discus and support More than two audio devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to have more than 2 audio devices using windows? I don't mind utilizing software to do so. Thanks! submitted by /u/InTheManVan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InTheManVan, Jul 29, 2020.

1. More than two audio devices

Is it possible to have more than 2 audio devices using windows? I don't mind utilizing software to do so. Thanks!

submitted by /u/InTheManVan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InTheManVan, Jul 29, 2020

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 29, 2020
  4. vostok Win User

More than two audio devices

Numerous audio devices - why?

See attached screenshot. I just got a new, bespoke PC and I'm confused as to why so many audio devices are listed.

The majority, as you can see, are coming up as "not plugged in". There seem to be two that are active - the system's default output and something called Realtek Audio HD.

Questions:

1) Why so many?
    2) What's the difference between the two active ones, and which should I use?

Thanks in advance.

vostok, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

More than two audio devices

1. More than two audio devices - Similar Threads - More audio devices

2. Why are is there no way to use more then two audio outputs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are is there no way to use more then two audio outputs?: I have 3 speakers and a HDMI. I thought it would be super easy use them all... I was wrong. I am only able to use one speaker at a time and maybe a work around for speakers and headphones at the same time. This would not be a problem on a Mac. Why is Windows behind on this...
  3. Why are is there no way to use more then two audio outputs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are is there no way to use more then two audio outputs?: I have 3 speakers and a HDMI. I thought it would be super easy use them all... I was wrong. I am only able to use one speaker at a time and maybe a work around for speakers and headphones at the same time. This would not be a problem on a Mac. Why is Windows behind on this...
  4. More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver

More Than One Keyboard in Device Driver: This is an ongoing, intermittent issue with Windows 10. I consistently get two keyboard device drivers. It does no good to uninstall one or the other as the 2nd one eventually reappears. I'm using the keyboard on my laptop and that's the only keyboard I use/only keyboard...
  5. More than just "No Bootable Device"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than just "No Bootable Device": Hey I have a problem. My laptop won't boot up and instead says "No Bootable Device" in the centre with an icon of a hard drive with a spying glass above the text. I've tried unplugging the hard drive for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Switching to legacy won't work....
  6. Vertically tiling more than two windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertically tiling more than two windows: Hello, This question has been a long time coming for me. I really miss being able to tile windows vertically, and with all the web at my fingertips, I haven't found a way to do so in windows 10. There are some pretty cool quick snap options, but what I use the most does...
  7. Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.: Hello, I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer, replacing the motherboard, CPU, PSU and case and ever since then there has been this odd issue where the computer will only accept two screen inputs at once and I cannot change which ones without a restart. I have...
  8. 365 Family on more than one device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    365 Family on more than one device.: I have the full suite on my laptop and now need to install it on my daughter's laptop. Do I just login from her laptop and download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-family-on-more-than-one-device/8b08dee3-dea4-437d-8eb1-f9cdc2a3f806
  9. Display Product key for more than one device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Display Product key for more than one device: I need to display my product key on my machine to verify what I have written down is correct. Every where I look on the net it assumes that I only have one computer and one copy of windows. I have 6 computers one for each family member and I dont know which product key goes...
  10. audio in two devices paralally

audio in two devices paralally: I want output from two win devices at same time . whether I play a video or audio in any devices I want output from two devices. I don't want to manually play those music or video or without any latency. the devices are connected with same wifi....