Windows 10: More trouble with magnifier.

Discus and support More trouble with magnifier. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can only type with one hand. Therefore I have to use Sticky Keys. To turn the Magnifier off: I hit Shift & Win esc. This works fine and I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doncole, Jun 29, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

More trouble with magnifier.

I can only type with one hand.
    Therefore I have to use Sticky Keys.
    To turn the Magnifier off:
    I hit Shift & Win esc.
    This works fine and I have been using it for sometime.
    On my keyboard the + is an upper case =.
    So to turn on the Magnifier I must hit Shift Win & Shift & =.
    Which seldom works.
    I there a way I can hit Shift & Win & Shift & = with one keystroke?

:)

doncole, Jun 29, 2019

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 29, 2019
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. More trouble with magnifier. - Similar Threads - More trouble magnifier

2. magnify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    magnify: why when i open y magnifier on desktop screen goes black and won't open ?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnify/da8f6b45-c41c-4c32-bddc-f02c9073e2ca
  3. magnify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    magnify: why when i open y magnifier on desktop screen goes black and won't open ?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnify/da8f6b45-c41c-4c32-bddc-f02c9073e2ca
  4. Magnifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnifier: Until a couple of weeks ago, when I clicked on the magnifier, a window opened on my desktop with the option of clicking on increase or decrease magnification. Then, suddenly, that stopped. When I click on the app, it appears in the tray but I have to press windows key and...
  5. Magnifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier: Until a couple of weeks ago, when I clicked on the magnifier, a window opened on my desktop with the option of clicking on increase or decrease magnification. Then, suddenly, that stopped. When I click on the app, it appears in the tray but I have to press windows key and...
  6. Magnifier

Magnifier: I have WIndows 10 1909 and Magnifier when I launch says I dont have permission to launch it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnifier/79c552cf-94da-44f6-a7b0-216e5d9e4301
  7. “Hibernating” and more troubles to come

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    “Hibernating” and more troubles to come: When i turned my pc (windows 10) on, it started hibernating and wasnt going anywhere. So i forced shut down by pressing the power on/off button for 10 seconds. It did turn off, but it wouldnt turn back on. I pressed and held the power on/off button, or simply just rapped on...
  8. More trouble at the Store

More trouble at the Store: (Yet again) I am having trouble with the Store. There are two main issues (1) many Apps will not install --- downloading starts but before completion it stops with ERROR, and repeat attempts also fail. The last time I had this, I had more than 20 Apps queuing, some new and...
  9. Magnifier

in Windows 10 Support
    Magnifier: Hi, when I switched from Win 7 to Win 10 I noticed that in order to magnify with a built-in magnifier I need to press Win + plus key twice: the first time to make this app run and the second time to magnify. Under Win 7 I only had to press once to enlarge the fonts to a...
  10. More local account trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    More local account trouble: After I succeeded to install W10TP with a local account - which we know is not obvious and probably impossible to do by most users - I now get nagged with IMPORTANT security alerts if I don't sign into the MS account. Does anybody know what the possible security issue with a...