Windows 10: More windows 11 tpm concerns

Discus and support More windows 11 tpm concerns in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was just reading an article about TPM 2.0 vulnerabilities on Windows 11, and I have subversion 1.38, which is supposed to be vulnerable. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rbhall52, Apr 11, 2023.

1. rbhall52 Win User

More windows 11 tpm concerns

I was just reading an article about TPM 2.0 vulnerabilities on Windows 11, and I have subversion 1.38, which is supposed to be vulnerable. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the vulnerabilities for my home computer? This home computer is very new and came with windows 11 installed. I can upload an html file that shows the specs via belarc advisor.

:)

rbhall52, Apr 11, 2023

2. Windows 11 TPM concerns

I just found out my TPMs not the problem. Sorry again lol

Benjamin J King, Apr 11, 2023
  3. Windows 11 TPM concerns

So I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11, this has probably been stated many times but my TPM isnt version 2.0, its 1.38(which is back in 3/2/18) and the help page literally just told me how to see what version mine is and how to enable it, not anything about upgrading.

Am I just not able to get Windows 11? Or is there a way to upgrade my TPM.

Also, it says on the TPM management that the TPM manufacturer specification version is 2.0, does that mean anything?

If I need to clear my TPM, I don't feel comfortable doing that unless I can keep my keys somehow so I would also like to know how to do that.

Thanks, sorry for the trouble.

Benjamin J King, Apr 11, 2023
  4. AbhaySV Win User

Windows 11 TPM Disadvantages ?

I've been waiting for quiet some time now to pull the trigger to upgrade to win 11 for it to become stable enough and also had a few concerns about enabling TPM. As we all know Win 11 made it mandatory to enable TPM. So I was a bit concerned about the potential disadvantages to having TPM enabled since it in theory should prevent you from swapping HDD to gain access to the data, but being a developer I do certainly have an habit to swap my driver frequently.

I don't use bit-locker currently and also dont plan to use it , for the simple reason that I tend to swap drives , just the nature of my work not that I dont value privacy, so I dont want my key to be stuck in the TPM or having to keey track of the recovery keys.

Now when I upgrade to win 11 I have few concern's if someone can help me with it ill be grateful:

1. In theory if bit-locker it turned off - TPM should just sit there , I think should not be an issue , Im not sure. If anyone can confirm.
    2. On doing my research I found this user who claimed the bitlocker was automatically turned on and it encrypted his drive during the upgrade. Also he further adds that he wasent given the prompt that usually pops up to save the recovery key. So does this happen and if yes any remedies to save the recovery key or to turn bitlocker back off.
      Link to the thread: Windows 11 encrypted my drive automatically
    3. Does turning off the TPM after the upgrade causes any issues ? I heard that the device stops getting updates from those who tried to bypass the restrictions using the Win 10 iso with the win 11 wim file. Also does clearing the TPM if bitlocker is off bricks the installation.
    4. I have few external drives that do use bit locker and already are setup on a PC without TPM. I also have the keys saved. Now if I plug it to a PC with Win 11 with TPM enabled . Will it effect anything. I dont think so , it should remain same , just wanted to confirm.
    5. Windows 11 encrypted my drive automatically
    When u google anything related to google you are overwhelmed with articles explaining what TPM is and what are the benefits of. No one talks about the cons or what is the course of action in case your motherboard gets damaged which I'm sure does happen a lot.

AbhaySV, Apr 11, 2023
Thema:

1. More windows 11 tpm concerns - Similar Threads - More tpm concerns

2. More windows 11 tpm concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More windows 11 tpm concerns: I was just reading an article about TPM 2.0 vulnerabilities on Windows 11, and I have subversion 1.38, which is supposed to be vulnerable. Is there anything I can do to mitigate the vulnerabilities for my home computer? This home computer is very new and came with windows 11...
  3. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  4. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...: I am concerned that windows 11 is just windows 10 revamped to make it look and feel more like using a MAC device --- this is basically windows throwing in the towel and admitting that they no longer wish to compete with apple to be its own separate entity--- I only start by...
  5. why is microsoft more concerned with things like making windows 11 FEEL more like using a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 TPM concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 TPM concerns: So I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11, this has probably been stated many times but my TPM isnt version 2.0, its 1.38which is back in 3/2/18 and the help page literally just told me how to see what version mine is and how to enable it, not anything about upgrading.Am I just...
  7. Windows 11 TPM concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 TPM concerns: So I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11, this has probably been stated many times but my TPM isnt version 2.0, its 1.38which is back in 3/2/18 and the help page literally just told me how to see what version mine is and how to enable it, not anything about upgrading.Am I just...
  8. Windows 11 TPM concerns

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft complaint team harassment more concern

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft complaint team harassment more concern: Microsoft complaint team harassment more concern for push selling some dealer target fulfill. Can any person of Microsoft explain this issue? This is the procedure of business Worlds largest company? If any Microsoft person share Microsoft Head Quarter email id, Then I send...
  10. No more bing smart search? and other concerns

in Windows 10 Support
    No more bing smart search? and other concerns: I liked the graphical search that was available with Windows 8.1 and I don't understand why the current tech preview search app doesn't replicate this functionality. (I've attached a picture for those who aren't familiar with the feature) The search app that comes pinned to...