Windows 10: Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005

Discus and support Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, the majority of my games that I have are crashing with an access violation at address 0x00000000. I have already run SFC, DISM, the Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sciboy12, Nov 13, 2018.

1. sciboy12 Win User

Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005

Hi all,

the majority of my games that I have are crashing with an access violation at address 0x00000000.

I have already run SFC, DISM, the Apps Troubleshooter and tried to update my GTX 1060 graphics drivers (which got stuck on Preparing to install), as well as reinstalled the DX11 Runtime.
    The problem appears to have started after installing update KB4467702.

The only two error messages I've been able to get are as follows:

INVASION! VR:

Fatal error

Failed to initalize Direct3D. At least DirectX 11 feature level 9.3 is required.

Make sure you have drivers for your graphics card installed.

Robocraft:

Oops!

The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2018-11-13_224152" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

And all the programs that close with no error message (aside from the event logs):

RPCS3 (Vulkan works, DX12 doesn't)

Asphalt 8

Minecraft VR (Desktop version works fine)

Ghostbusters VR chapters 1 & 2

Windows Mixed reality for SteamVR

SteamVR (error 301)

Windows Mixed Reality Calibration Tool

Surprisingly, the Mixed Reality Portal works fine, along with most metro apps.

DX10 and OpenGL/Vulkan games work fine as well (Touhou 15, Rocket League, osu! etc.).

My system specs are as follows:
    Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51

i7-8750H
    GTX 1060 /W UHD 630
    16GB DDR4
    Windows 10 Home 1803 Build 17134.407

Any ideas?

:)

sciboy12, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Nov 13, 2018
  3. fallout 3 crashing

Fallout 3 keeps doing this crash where it minimizes and then I cant open it again or it just crashes and gives me a (0x0000005) error. Anyone know how to fix this?
    I got the 1.4 patch.

ShadowFold, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005

Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005

1. Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005 - Similar Threads - DirectX based Programs

2. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch: 1. My Forza horizon 5 crashes right after the log in screen2. The Windows search bar on the task bar closes after loading for about 5 seconds3. The same thing happens to the settings app-----------------------------------------I've tried sfc /scan now though it says it found...
  3. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch: 1. My Forza horizon 5 crashes right after the log in screen2. The Windows search bar on the task bar closes after loading for about 5 seconds3. The same thing happens to the settings app-----------------------------------------I've tried sfc /scan now though it says it found...
  4. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. directx 12 crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 12 crashing: I have a serious problem with windows I have tried everything from wiping my hard drivers and reinstalling windows 10 to changing the ram slots from 1-3 to 2-4 nothing helps every game that runs on DirectX 12 crashes immediately after 15s to 25s if I try to run a game on...
  6. Error code 0x00000057.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x00000057.: Is Microsoft working on error code 0x00000057 which occurs while creating storage pool in version 2004.? As now I am about to Rollback to previous version again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x00000057/36012d8b-811a-4d84-a53e-f9b54c3a97f1
  7. Error message 0x0000005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message 0x0000005: while i was running dialux evo software to do some calculation, the screen went black for a couple of minutes and I received this message after coming back to work normally. (Dialux evo software turned off) [ATTACH]...
  8. Java-based Programs Crashing [fixed]

Java-based Programs Crashing [fixed]: i regularly play Minecraft and use tinyMediaManager, both use Java. i played Minecraft earlier today. A little while ago i started up tinyMediaManager and it wouldn't load, instead i got the Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working error. Started up Minecraft and...
  9. Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash): I'm not even sure where to post this given that it spans a few topics, so here it is: I believe I need to reinstall direct X on windows 10. When my screensaver is supposed to run (which I previously had no problems with) it tells me that either (I hve gotten 2...
  10. Error Code 0x0000005C

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Code 0x0000005C: Hi, my PC Compaq randomly does not start correctly and shows this message after the BIOS has loaded: [img] First time happened was like 8 months ago, and last time it happened was like 1 month ago. It happens randomly, as I said, and the PC works flawlessly, without a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battlefield 1 december 2018 game just started failing with directx error memory

2. failed to install kb4467694