Windows 10: MOST Favorite Icons are gone

Discus and support MOST Favorite Icons are gone in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by flhthemi, Apr 18, 2017.

1. flhthemi Win User

MOST Favorite Icons are gone

Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it.

I tried resetting IE
    I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new ones, didn't work
    I notice some web pages never show one on the tab in IE but do in stupid Edge like kodi forums
    I deleted the IconCache.db in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local - Worked but only for the current session
    I tried copying the favorites from another PC - No joy

So...what next, oh Great Ones *Smile ?

EDIT

I got it fixed. Deleted all the files in browsing history, deleted the same IconCache.db file and THEN restarted Windows. Problem solved! Damn I'm good once in a while. *Smile

:)

flhthemi, Apr 18, 2017
  2. 99guy Win User

WMDC deleting favorites?

Running win7 enterprise, latest version fo WMDC and 6.1 on a samsung saga. Initial sync works then a few minutes later most all favorites are gone, in the sub folders on mobile favorites. then after a few more they are all gone.. MWDC bites!

99guy, Apr 18, 2017
  3. favorite folders there, sites are gone

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to the favorites folder created within the Internet Explorer.

If you lose the favorites saved within the Internet Explorer
    and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to locate the favorites that has been missing from Internet Explorer.

• Click This PC.
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Click on Favorites and check if the missing favorites are there.
    If you are able to locate the missing favorites, I suggest you to create a backup and try to import the favorites.

Refer to the section Import Favorites, from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope the information provided was helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

MOST Favorite Icons are gone

1. MOST Favorite Icons are gone - Similar Threads - Favorite Icons are

2. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  3. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  4. Most of desktop icons gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most of desktop icons gone.: I signed off normally yesterday. When I signed up most of icons on my desktop were gone. I thought something bad happened but when I went into desktop folder in OneDrive everything was there but it didn't appear on my desktop....
  5. ICONS FOR FAVORITES

ICONS FOR FAVORITES: HOW TO CREATE A DESKTOP ICON FOR AN ITEM IN MY FAVORITES SITE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-for-favorites/440d59ae-15db-474c-8e01-6f6bfb7bf128
  6. favorites icons

favorites icons: favorites icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-icons/e7d94e04-ef4b-4203-a93e-dc5f258e4960
  7. favorites gone after update??

favorites gone after update??: Where do my favorites go after windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/favorites-gone-after-update/3b88275e-de69-493f-84e8-30ba6c811f99
  8. Edge Favorites Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Icons: In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ? 27520
  9. Favorites is Gone

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites is Gone: I installed Windows 10 without any hi-cup last week. I imported the favorites/bookmark from Chrome and organized them in the right category. Favorites bar shown and all, closed the Edge but when I open the Edge again, my Favorites is gone but the Favorites Bar is still there....
  10. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...