Windows 10: Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Discus and support Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Skyrow, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Skyrow Win User

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Hi,

The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps.

- Not due to a hardware limit

- Any fps limit disabled in games.

- V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel.

- Re-installed graphics drivers.

- Tried disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of games.

- Disabled gameDVR in settings and in registry editor.

After this, I've tested some games.

these ones don't have 60fps limit in fullscreen :

- Steep

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon WIldlands

these other ones still have the problem :

- Sea Of Thieves

- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

- Fortnite

- Prey

- Far Cry 5

I'm running with Windows 10 Family, version 1803, on 64 bits OS.

And I'm using multi-monitor so my main one is a 144Hz and the second a 60Hz, but I didn't set them up in surround mode.

Any Idea of what causes this ?

:)

Skyrow, Sep 5, 2018

2. Game FPS capped at 60

Assuming you don't have Vsync enabled, and assuming Geforce experience or something has not upped your in game graphic settings, check game mode to ensure you aren't recording in the background.

You aren't talking about FPS while Game DVR (recording in the background) is enabled, right? Note in that scenario , video FPS are default 30, max 60 as "high quality video capture may impact the quality of your game".

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS [​IMG]

specialkone, Sep 5, 2018
  3. All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?

JesusVelarde1, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

All fullscreen games and applications capped at 60FPS

As the title states, everything in fullscreen is capped at 60 FPS.

Going to NVIDIA control panel and disabling v-sync (even though it was already off in all games)

Re-installing drivers graphics drivers

Reinstalling windows itself

The only thing that works is disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of the game. I know for a fact that an update caused this, but i’m not sure which one.

I know this software related because i dualbooted Ubuntu GamePack and all my supported Linux games ran with full performance and with no FPS cap. I have proved this is not a hardware issue.

if i disable fullscreen optimizations, i can’t have any overlays on my games, so i have to have that box unchecked.

KamronBehravan, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

1. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS - Similar Threads - Fullscreen Games Capped

2. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  3. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  4. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps cap fullscreen: I got a problem,my game have the fps capped at 60 in fullscreen mode and on windowed the fps are capped at 120 -Game bar is off,Disabled the full screen optimizaton,any v-sync in my game or driver is offPlease help...
  5. 60 fps cap fullscreen

60 fps cap fullscreen: I got a problem,my game have the fps capped at 60 in fullscreen mode and on windowed the fps are capped at 120 -Game bar is off,Disabled the full screen optimizaton,any v-sync in my game or driver is offPlease help...
  6. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.: Hello,After buying a new pc, installing windows 10 and trying some games I noticed that in fullscreen mode the fps are always capped at 60 fps, but in windowed mode it gets unlocked, this is clearly a Windows issue because let me point out some stuff:-It's not a driver issue,...
  8. 60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.

60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.: Hello,After buying a new pc, installing windows 10 and trying some games I noticed that in fullscreen mode the fps are always capped at 60 fps, but in windowed mode it gets unlocked, this is clearly a Windows issue because let me point out some stuff:-It's not a driver issue,...
  9. 60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Game FPS capped at 60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS capped at 60: So I'm pretty sure this started happening after the Creator's update. I can't get more than 60 FPS in the games I play (League of Legends, Overwatch). Before I was constantly getting 100+. VSync is off, frame limit is uncapped in both game. Using latest NVidia drivers,...