Windows 10: Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security

Discus and support Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Linksys WRT32X, the router that scored the highest in the Cyber-ITL security-focused case study. Many of today's most popular home router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security

Read more: Most home routers don't take advantage of Linux's improved security features | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 4, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Router behind a router = more secure?

Thanks.

So it is more secure from both exploits and brute force to have router > Router > Computers. An attacker would have to find exploits in both routers before gaining access to a network?

I'm not that worried, I just wanted to know the theory as I seem to get conflicting information. I had always assumed that having a router behind a router would be better security-wise.

I am pretty sure that my router would be on the list of those compromised in Vietnam by malware. The malware only changed the primary DNS for the router, so I would still not be immune to this kind of attack if someone gained access to my internet facing router, but it got me thinking more about security.

silkstone, Jan 4, 2019
  3. rnbnyc Win User
    Windows 10.1 Improvements/Advantages

What are the five most significant improvements with and/or advantages of Windows 10 over Windows 8.1?

rnbnyc, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Most home routers do not take advantage of Linux's improved security - Similar Threads - home routers advantage

2. What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?: Curious to know. Thinking of ditching windows for Linux. submitted by /u/Yagami888 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wikf/what_advantages_does_windows_10_have_over_linux/
  3. Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed: Hi, Microsoft In My City i have only 1 Good Internet Service Provider ISP which provides ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I want to know what is the maximum Internet Speed on ADSL Broadband. How can i improve or increase My Home Broadband Internet Speed. Please help &...
  4. Windows 10 change desktop to laptop to take advantage of metering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 change desktop to laptop to take advantage of metering: In 2015 I moved to the country and had to use satellite internet which comes with data limits. Since I had already upgraded my Windows 7 custom built mid-tower to Windows 10 I had a problem with Windows 10 automatically downloading updates. Since my chassis was defined as a...
  5. Securing WIFI router

Securing WIFI router: My wifi router is not secure from others using. How do I secure my WIFI router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi-router/5b669316-84a4-40c5-bcc6-804a63619872
  6. Improvement for Blender viewport and rendering (Windows vs. Linux)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Improvement for Blender viewport and rendering (Windows vs. Linux): Please make Windows use less hard drive space and more performant for Blender. This is test. Linux is twice as fast. https://youtu.be/cpE2B2QSsa0?t=271...
  7. VMWare fix for most kernels on Linux HOSTS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare fix for most kernels on Linux HOSTS: Hi folks This script (I got from the net somewhere - can't remember though) should fix the problem with VMware and updated kernels when using Linux Hosts put this script in the vmmodules install file - usually this one : /etc/kernel/install.d/99-vmmodules.install...
  8. WiFi/Router Security

WiFi/Router Security: Hello everybody! I have a concern that someone is accessing my wifi without my permission. I haven't given anyone my password and I keep seeing a hotspot connection that is linked to my wifi. This troubles me because I have checked all my wifi capable devices and none of them...
  9. Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers: I am an IT guy, so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers. This is the fact that major manufacturers of Consumer Routers (Mostly) are building in "Default" back doors to these...
  10. How to secure your router and home network

How to secure your router and home network: Many computer users don't realize it, but for most people their internet router is the most important electronic device in their home. It links most of their other devices together and to the world, so it has a highly privileged position that hackers can exploit....