Windows 10: Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer

Discus and support Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most of my image thumbnails have recently been replaced by icons. I'm not aware of any action that precipitated this change. This only affects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidDavidbhbhihihgf, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer

Most of my image thumbnails have recently been replaced by icons.

I'm not aware of any action that precipitated this change.

This only affects some files, but it affects multiple folders, sizes/ages of file and file types. There seems to be no pattern to which files are affected.

I have tried:

• Checking the display thumbnails box in file explorer view settings
    • Clearing thumbnail cache by using the disc cleanup function
    • Clearing the thumbnail cache using cmd prompt
      taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
      del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

DavidDavidbhbhihihgf, Apr 30, 2020
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Apr 30, 2020
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer

File Explorer : image icons and preview are solid green

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you clear the thumbnail cache. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Disk Cleanup.
    • Check the Thumbnails box.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on Delete Files button to confirm.
    • Restart the computer to apply completely.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer

1. Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer - Similar Threads - image thumbnails replaced

2. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  3. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  4. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  5. Image icons/thumbnails

Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  6. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Thumbnails for images mostly became Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Thumbnails for images mostly became Icons: Recently this computer, running Windows 10 decided to show 99% of my images on my hard drive in Explorer as Icons instead of thumbnails. Tried many different methods to resolve it by changing the settings in Explorer without success. Tried to remove the Sync function on my...
  8. Windows 10 Thumbnails for images mostly became Icons

Windows 10 Thumbnails for images mostly became Icons: Recently this computer, running Windows 10 decided to show 99% of my images on my hard drive in Explorer as Icons instead of thumbnails. Tried many different methods to resolve it by changing the settings in Explorer without success. Tried to remove the Sync function on my...
  9. Windows 10 Thumbnails for images mostly became Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot