Windows 10: Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

Discus and support Most key combinations with alt+shift not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Akreter, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I found for this was this https://superuser.com/questions/144...ombination-in-windows-10-pro-version-1903-do# but I'm not at version 1903 so the problem has been fixed, as I have 20H2.

I tried the automated windows problem fixing without success and also tried the keyboard with my laptop, where it worked without any problems. It has to do with my Windows install, but I really don't want to reinstall it. It also isn't related to any program, because all programs have this problem. Has anyone had the same issue and was able to fix it?

submitted by /u/Akreter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Akreter, Nov 6, 2020

2. The two Alt keys doesn't work in combinations

Hi, I would like to solve this annoying windows prank (windows 10 in my case)

The two Alt keys no longer work for me in "custom combinations" of keys and not even in ctrl-alt-del.

- I have no virus

- the right Alt key works in the combination of special characters @#][

- the left Alt key works in combination with F4 etc.

- the left Alt key works in combination with the letters for the virtual click of the applications menu items

- the left Alt key works in combination with the numeric keypad keys for special characters

- as an alternative to crtl-alt-del i use ctrl-shift-esc and i access the task manager without problems

- if I use the "on-screen keyboard" of windows I can access the "custom combinations" and the ctrl-alt-del

as I repeat, the two Alt keys (physically pressed) no longer work only in the ctrl-alt-del and "custom combinations"

I have done many tests suggested by various google results and, moreover, currently, as soon as I start windows and using the Alt keys, only for the first time after switching on they emit a "whistle" from windows, this as surely result of one of the tests.

PawasakiSunn, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Shift+4 key combination not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Do the other combination with shift key are working?
    • Did you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

1. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working - Similar Threads - key combinations alt+shift

2. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  3. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  4. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  5. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  6. Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications: Hi, I found recently that some keys don't behave as they should. I use a Spanish keyboard built in a laptop. Windows language is set to Spanish Spain and the keyboard is set to Spanish keyboard. The easiest way to check it is with the key ñ that works as it should. Now I will...
  7. The two Alt keys don't work in combinations

The two Alt keys don't work in combinations: Hi, I would like to solve this annoying windows prank windows 10 in my case The two Alt keys no longer work for me in "custom combinations" of keys and not even in ctrl-alt-del. - I have no virus - the right Alt key works in the combination of special characters @#][ - the...
  8. combination keys (Shift +f*)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    combination keys (Shift +f*): since the update after V-1709 every1 that plays a game called tibia can't use (Shift+F12)everything was always fine since win xp till win 10 1709 but after till last update till now still not working any solutions ?...
  9. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

(Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...
  10. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working: I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work. For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from...