Windows 10: Most of desktop icons gone.

Discus and support Most of desktop icons gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I signed off normally yesterday. When I signed up most of icons on my desktop were gone. I thought something bad happened but when I went into desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CicoCirovic, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Most of desktop icons gone.

I signed off normally yesterday. When I signed up most of icons on my desktop were gone. I thought something bad happened but when I went into desktop folder in OneDrive everything was there but it didn't appear on my desktop.

:)

CicoCirovic, Jul 1, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Most of desktop icons gone.

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Most of desktop icons gone.

1. Most of desktop icons gone. - Similar Threads - desktop icons gone

2. This is very irritating. Most of my desktop icons are gone because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is very irritating. Most of my desktop icons are gone because of OneDrive: Overtime, its really annoyed me how most of my icons on my desktop had an "x", checkmark, or a refresh symbol depending on whether they were backed up on OneDrive. I have never used or plan to ever use OneDrive So I looked up a tutorial on how to get rid of those marks. All I...
  3. This is very irritating. Most of my desktop icons are gone because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is very irritating. Most of my desktop icons are gone because of OneDrive: Overtime, its really annoyed me how most of my icons on my desktop had an "x", checkmark, or a refresh symbol depending on whether they were backed up on OneDrive. I have never used or plan to ever use OneDrive So I looked up a tutorial on how to get rid of those marks. All I...
  4. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  5. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  6. Desktop Icons gone haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons gone haywire: When I turned on my Windows 10 laptop the other morning, my desktop icons were spread out in 4 rows, with many of them missing. I have not installed or uninstalled anything on this computer for many weeks. I do a complete full shutdown nightly Fast Startup is turned off. The...
  7. Folders/icons on desktop gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders/icons on desktop gone: I am on 1903 I will explain this as it played out I had battlenet on my computer but it was a blank icon..tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I could not get it to uninstall. Not sure why it was blank..i never uninstalled it before. I downloaded a fresh copy of...
  8. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  9. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950