Windows 10: Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Discus and support Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PraveenSubramanya, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem.

:)

PraveenSubramanya, Oct 13, 2020

2. Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

1. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet - Similar Threads - apps are able

2. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time

My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time: At this point i feel like I've tried everything possible fix, even going as far as to reset my pc entirely.I should mention there are some times when i actually can connect to wifi, but its not super often.some things I've tried are: resetting connection settings, updating...
  5. My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time: At this point i feel like I've tried everything possible fix, even going as far as to reset my pc entirely.I should mention there are some times when i actually can connect to wifi, but its not super often.some things I've tried are: resetting connection settings, updating...
  6. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  7. Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating: Hi everyone, A couple of months back my laptop stopped connecting to our wireless router, so I got around it by using my phone's mobile hotspot to connect to the WIFI. Recently I've noticed that a couple of apps can't update and that they can't connect to the internet. Any...
  8. Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

Network says no internet when most apps connect fine: My internet says it is not connected to the internet after connecting to my router. The problem is that most apps browsers, games, etc. work fine but most Microsoft apps Word, OneNote, Help, even Windows Update refuse to connect. I've tried Networking Reset's, safe modes,...
  9. Most of my apps cant connect to internet, only Edge browswer is workin

Most of my apps cant connect to internet, only Edge browswer is workin: I know that my laptop is connect to internet. But the only thing that seems to work is the new edge browser. After upgrading to windows 10 all of my others apps cant get internet access. Apps such as skype,steam,chrome,etc. I tried turning of my firewall and updating my...
  10. Loss of most of my internet connection

Loss of most of my internet connection: Hi, In chrome - i am am getting an err_connection_timed_out on most of the pages I try to search. I've found 2 sites this doesn't apply to. other browsers (int explore and edge) - says 'can't reach page' when I restart my machine everything works ok for 5 mins...