Windows 10: Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop

Discus and support Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop , which is not working anymore , with this configuration : I3 5005U CPU 2.00 Ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marinel Cipu, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop

Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop , which is not working anymore , with this configuration : I3 5005U CPU 2.00 Ghz

4GB of RAM DDR3

Nvidia GeForce 920M GPU

500GB HDD

And on my new laptop , for example if i play gta 5 ( IT ONLY HAPPENS ON GTA 5 ) , it starts to be laggy ( stuttering ) , even if i have 60 fps . And on the old laptop , the game was running at 30-35 or 40 fps i think ( i forgot to make a benchmark ) , but i didin't had any stuttering , And my new laptop specs are :I7 7500U CPU 2.7 up to 3.5 Ghz 4 threads

4GB of RAM DDR4

Nvidia GeForce 940MX GPU

1TB HDD

And this is weird tho , because my new laptop its better than the old one , but i had no stuttering on the old laptop .

The power plan it's set to high performance. I have the latest GPU driver .

I dont know , but i think that my CPU it's not working as how it needs to work , maybe i will use a program called CPU core unpark by coderbag V3 , to unpark the cores , maybe i will get a better performance , OR i will also install another program called TimerResolution , its very helpful when you are playing games or recording even if i dont know what it does , but its very good for any pc/laptop i think.

I also made some windows optimizations , but its still stuttering .

Any other solutions which will help me to solve this ?

:)

Marinel Cipu, Aug 1, 2018

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Running old games on windows 10

Hi Robert,

Can u suggest me how to do that...Iam bored on googled it...please help me to run old apps like Hitman - Absolution game shows compactibility issues...Can you solve my issues

Mohamed Anas Mohiadeen, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop

1. Most of my games we're running better on my old laptop - Similar Threads - games we're running

2. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  3. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  4. My gaming laptop is not using most of its power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop is not using most of its power: I have a ASUS TUF F15 2021 with RTX 3050 Graphics card and upgraded to latest version of Windows 11. Other than playing games, all the time my laptop uses the Intel UHD Graphics or CPU and the graphics card remains at 0% although I always use external display. I try to force...
  5. My gaming laptop is not using most of its power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming laptop is not using most of its power: I have a ASUS TUF F15 2021 with RTX 3050 Graphics card and upgraded to latest version of Windows 11. Other than playing games, all the time my laptop uses the Intel UHD Graphics or CPU and the graphics card remains at 0% although I always use external display. I try to force...
  6. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?: i have no clue, some games run normally but others don't. Google also runs at 1fps but the computer is fine, like, when i go to the desktop the pc runs completely fine, just google and some games have that stable 1fps, it doesn't go high or down, just 1fps...
  7. Can my old laptop run windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my old laptop run windows 10?: 2012 Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QMNVIDIA Geforce GT750MDDR3 8GB 1600MHz memoryIt was running windows 8.1 last time I used it last year and the HDD broke. Now that I installed a new SSD, I was wondering if I can install windows 10 on it or not.If I can...
  8. How can I make my laptop run better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my laptop run better?: Recently I’ve been trying to fix my laptop up a bit so that it could run better. I got this laptop as a birthday present in 2016, but over time I started to use it less and less due to the fact that it began to run slower and slower. So for the past few days I’ve been...
  9. Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?: Hi, My laptop specs are: Intel Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU Are these specs better or worse for gaming than the Xbox one s? Thanks...
  10. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...: 30 or 40% of my ram is being used for no reason if i'm staying on my desktop with all programs closed this is why my system is very slow , in much cases , and my specs are : i7 7500u 2.7 up to 3.5 ghz , nvidia 940mx gpu with 2gb , hdd 5400 rpm 1 tb . I using my laptop also...