Windows 10: Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

Discus and support Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) I have tried every "fix" that I can find by google and nothing has helped.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BentAndUnwell, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

I have tried every "fix" that I can find by google and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10. One site said Windows 10 is known for doing this. I tried clearing the cache. I made sure that the right box is checked/unchecked whichever. I scanned for malware. None of this has worked. I even downloaded Icaros. Nothing. Please, please does someone have a new idea?

:)

BentAndUnwell, Jan 17, 2019

2. Picture folder icons no longer show the preview

In my picture file, the small, large, x-large icons no longer display the picture.

Been going on for a couple months and even the preview doesnt show it.

Picture will appear when clicked on to open.

Unsure when this started or what update may have affected it.

DianeMichalik, Jan 17, 2019
  3. picture files preview picture

How do I turn off preview picture attached to my picture file list?

Peter Van Rixoort, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon

My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon anymore, just a blank grey box. Can you tell me how to get the photo preview back? Many thanks

AlisonGilbertson, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

1. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) - Similar Threads - pictures stopped showing

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  5. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  6. my pictures stopped showing me the preview, only the standard pic icon is visible and i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pictures stopped showing me the preview, only the standard pic icon is visible and i...: my pictures stopped showing me the preview, only the standard pic icon is visible and i have to open to picture to see which picture is this. How do i fix this...
  7. Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.: The folders in my pictures file and on One Drive are showing the blue icon with the mountain and moon of the Microsoft photo app. The folder does not display the pictures until I open the folder. And then sometimes the pictures are the Microsoft photo app icon,. Once I...
  8. Pictures wont show previews

Pictures wont show previews: If anyone else has that problem and has tried fixing it by deleting the cashe of thumbnails and by unchecking the "never show thumbnails, only icons" box. Maybe you could try selecting all the pics that dont show the preview, rotate all of them to the left, this made mine...
  9. Icons in preview pane of pictures

Icons in preview pane of pictures: I've recently purchased a Dell laptop. I uploaded my photos onto it from my hard drive. The one drive app was also on the laptop. The pictures for some reason linked to the one drive, the one drive filled up and then I no longer had the preview pane on my pics. Initially...
  10. Picture icons not showing in Windows10

Picture icons not showing in Windows10: I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or 2 pictures will show. If I change again to another size icon, a couple different icons will show - never the same as the...