Windows 10: Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

Discus and support Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]here is what it looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max Callon, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu 46d6d39d-192d-4261-ac16-e9e43f79cd87?upload=true.png here is what it looks like

:)

Max Callon, Oct 29, 2020
  2. satchmo Win User

Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu.

I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and "File Explorer" magically appeared in the Start menu (not as tiles) again.

What's going on here? Does Windows 10 automatically eliminate menu items from the Start menu if they are not being used often?

satchmo, Oct 29, 2020
  3. pls2337 Win User
    Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

apps disappearing on the "start"

Hi Kevin,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your Start menu concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that some of your apps that you've pinned are missing?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you remember what are the pinned apps that are missing in the Start menu? Do those apps disappear if you re-pin them?
    • Upon seeing the screenshot, you've set the Start Menu to full screen. Can you see the missing pinned apps when disabling the full screen mode of Start menu? To disable the full screen mode of Start menu, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select Personalization.
      • On the left pane, choose Start.
      • Under Start, click he Use Start full screen slider to turn it off.
      • Check if you will see all of your pinned apps.
    • Does the issue also occur when turning on Show more tiles on Start? You can turn on this option by accessing the Personalization settings page of Start.

Argel Obm, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

1. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu - Similar Threads - settings disappeared settings

2. The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....: The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared. Please repair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-quick-access-menu-has-disappeared-from-file/a4adb2fb-6cb7-4d81-af30-6c9680b13863
  3. The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....: The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared. Please repair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-quick-access-menu-has-disappeared-from-file/a4adb2fb-6cb7-4d81-af30-6c9680b13863
  4. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  5. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  6. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app: I booted up my computer and had no connection so I went into the settings and the section for WiFi setting is gone. Has this happened to anyone before and if so how did you fix it? The only sign that my computer even has WiFi now is the connection icon in the bottom right on...
  7. The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The WiFi setting has disappeared completely from the settings app: I booted up my computer and had no connection so I went into the settings and the section for WiFi setting is gone. Has this happened to anyone before and if so how did you fix it? The only sign that my computer even has WiFi now is the connection icon in the bottom right on...
  8. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  9. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...