Windows 10: Most popular browser for...

Discus and support Most popular browser for... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Less than half of all Windows users use Explorer. That makes Explorer the world's most popular browser for downloading another browser. 48430 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vince Massi, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Most popular browser for...

Less than half of all Windows users use Explorer.

That makes Explorer the world's most popular browser for downloading another browser.

:)

Vince Massi, Apr 25, 2016
  2. javachan Win User

Google Chrome not working on Windows 10

You are kidding me right? One of the most popular browsers in the world, not supported by Windows 10???!!!

javachan, Apr 25, 2016
  3. auto fill

Internet Explorer-the Microsoft's most popular browser.

All steps on how to use and open in the above article.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Most popular browser for...

That would be IExplorer, Internet Explorer, or simply IE11 to avoid confusion with Windows Explorer or now with 10 "File Explorer" being the rename seen for that. Several years back when IE was having too many problems when keeping multiple browser windows open I was forced to shop around for a good substitute which was the first 64bit variant Waterfox of the Firefox browser now also seeing a 64bit as well as the general 32bit flavor.

Now for downloadin FF or WF or Cyberfox all over without any of those on we now see the new Edge browser 10 is bringing in with IE11 a distant memory as MS would have it! You have to see IE11 enabled separately. You would now be downloading the substitute browsers with Edge when it works that is since some seem to have issues when downloading anything.

Fortunately besides Edge and IE11 x64 I also added on even more then the other three browsers named even having Chrome, Pale Moon, and even the long defunct NetScape Navigator 9 having received a prompting from AOL lately to see that replaced! I'm not on AOL however! *Roflmao2

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    Good question. Or statement. I use Edge though (which is an internet browser rather than a file explorer). So I've not downloaded anything. I also use other OS that don't have IE.

So no I don't think so you are correct (probably).

Many like Google Chrome or Firefox or whatever (assuming you are talking about web browsers not file explorers). However if I wanted to download Firefox should I use Edge or IE11?

Give us some stats! Perhaps you have stumbled onto something interesting *Smile

6. Just downloaded the Cyberfox 46 AMD 64-x86 46 beta version and found the 45 was also beta but canceled that out looking for the latest flavor of that particular browser while in Edge! Waterfox 44.03 presently the default with FF 45 still not having been set that way for the time being. WF was acting up a little where the wait may not be that long however to switch default browsers once again! *Eek*092

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  7. I used Edge to download Firefox, which i then used to download Chrome

I now mainly use a mixture of Edge/IE depending on sites i visit

These stats on how IE is used to download other browsers make me *Confused

paulsalter, Apr 25, 2016
  8. Most popular browser for...

When first seeing 10 go on I had already downloaded the then latest versions of Waterfox proceeding the FF 42 64bit announced following 10's launch date last summer. The downloads are kept not only on the local C drive for both 10 and 7 in dual boot but also on the two storage/backup drives as well as the remote pc and even on second partitions on a couple of the VMs one per machine I will add first being an upgrade from 7 to 10 on VM and this latest for seeing a clean install take place from the BT folder! with a couple of things touch and go at first!

For most years back well before Edge and Water, Chrome, and a few others came out you would have to use IE only once any clean install of Windows was seen being the one and only browser where then you would chase after either FF or Opera! if not one of the other fewer in number browsers in years past. With drives getting much larger, people using external drives and flash drives more frequently while still many not ever seeing full system image backups who needs IE when Edge is here?!

(ya right and while I hardly use Edge still have IE enabled but still use ..... for all downloads being the default browser!)

Initially people starting going for FF once that became available for Windows as well as found along with Konqueror and other open source browsers when XP arrived with IE 6 mares! By the time IE 7 arrived prior to the long wait for Vista to appear many had already dumped IE entirely! Some even saw IE removed completely which is still possible for the advanced user however.

Night Hawk, Apr 25, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    What is the emoji I'm supposed to use for this?

Oh my God I'm beating my head against a wall yet again. It isn't the first time. Everone says that. Jeez. I've been doing since 1969. Nice new trials of Oms though.

or something like that.

Have a stab. Honestly I'm in my 40's (or 60's or something).

10. I had posted the stats for February and later for March 2016. I have predicted that by the end of this month, Chrome will pass Explorer as the world's most popular browser.

Going over past monthly totals, less than half of all Windows users use Explorer as their primary browser, and that statement has been true for some time. Last month, Edge became the world's fastest-growing browser, but for the previous five years, it has been Chrome.

I was surprised to learn, however, that over the past five years, the fastest-dying browser is Firefox, which has dropped from about 25% to 9%.

Anyway, before 10, Windows came with Explorer installed, and over half its users installed a different primary browser.

Vince Massi, Apr 25, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    OK Vince. I don't care. You could open a poll saying "what is the best browser?" if you want.

I doubt you'd learn anything that the other 6 billion threads on the same subject didn't say but you never know.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    +1.. first you have to determine/define what makes a browser the "best". Is it going to be based on speed, accurate rendering of pages.. features/extensions?? And then you can have a valid way to compare them. But, what really matters is what a person likes to use, best of not. This is a subjective thing and there's no way to quantify it.

BTW,, I use these,, Edge,, FF,,, Chrome.. and I play with Brave,.

BunnyJ, Apr 25, 2016
  13. Most popular browser for...

Well I play with "Brave" a bit here and found Chrome only all too much like it's Flock counterpart. Have it but still don't use it much if any! I am not a Google fan either sorry!

Secondly FF has seen several variants appear over the last several years with Waterfox being the first 64bit flavor of anything Mozilla in that dept. until the 64bit Flash Player was available. Finally FF 42 out last summer saw the first 64bit FF flavor explaining a good deal of the slump FF has seen. The variants got there first! Cyberfox ahead of FF for the Australian variant also offering a 64bit ahead of the Mozilla original!

The thing that came up with IE over some of these other browsers besides IE 6.0 having been the main reason people went for FF, Opera, Chrome, Flock, Pale Moon, and others was that being the long term Malware gateway browser! Once Vista and 7 appeared with MS finally fixing things stability became a factor besides simply running a faster alternative some report.

The Smart screen and Suggested site features simply were no longer enough when the IE platform was simply becoming outdated faster then it could be updated! Plus MS had to put focus on a newer form of browser that leans more towards the mobile embedded platform as well.

Night Hawk, Apr 26, 2016
  14. If my math is correct, 30.55% of Windows 10 users are using Edge. Although this is a decline from last month, it would still make Edge the fastest-growing browser since 10 was released last year.

Now consider that most 10 users upgraded, and their preferred browsers upgraded with them. That means that a lot of people are choosing to switch to Edge. Edge is a choice, not a default. Now, throw in the fact that Edge cannot be installed on any version of Windows except 10, and we have a tiny but fast-growing browser here.

On the negative side, the majority of 10 users prefer not to use Edge after they try it. But it is still being improved, and I think we have a down-the-road winner here.

The major cause for Explorer's popularity is that it comes pre-installed with Windows. It works; Why rock the boat? Yet less than half of Windows users prefer it.

Vince Massi, May 2, 2016
  15. Buzzer sounds! Chrome has now passed IE by like lightning namely since anything Google will have Chrome attached in some way. As far as Edge I think you might want to move the decimal point over a bit from 30% to 3% since many are still frowning at times!

Night Hawk, May 2, 2016
Thema:

Most popular browser for...

1. Most popular browser for... - Similar Threads - popular browser

2. Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...: Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo Gallery with software that, while maybe more powerful, is intuitive only to people lacking common sense, but who want to protect their jobs by making Microsoft help necessary for people...
  3. Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...: Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo Gallery with software that, while maybe more powerful, is intuitive only to people lacking common sense, but who want to protect their jobs by making Microsoft help necessary for people...
  4. Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular

in Windows 10 News
    Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular: [IMG]Twitter – now rebranded as X – no doubt is a great platform that has been not only liked by millions of users but celebrities alike. However, using the same app for a long time period can make it boring, normal, hence, worry not. In this article, we’ll be seeing some of...
  5. Microsoft may restore these popular Taskbar features in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft may restore these popular Taskbar features in Windows 11: When Microsoft launched Windows 11, at least some users who upgraded to the new operating system were disappointed by the taskbar of the operating system. The problem was not that Microsoft changed the default alignment to center from left, but that taskbar features of...
  6. The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...: Dear support,When I'm trying to open the Phone Link Your Phone Windows app I'm getting the common Windows cannot acc...ess the item. error :[Window Title] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23022.140.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhoneExperienceHost.exe [Content]...
  7. The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...: Dear support,When I'm trying to open the Phone Link Your Phone Windows app I'm getting the common Windows cannot acc...ess the item. error :[Window Title] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23022.140.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhoneExperienceHost.exe [Content]...
  8. Error Occured trying to play a popular game called roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Occured trying to play a popular game called roblox.: While I try to open the game "Roblox", the same error keeps popping up. The error says "The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll" It also says that"RobloxPlayerBeta.exe - Entry point not found" I've tried...
  9. Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

in Browsers and Email
    Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?: Despite Edge being one of the secure browsers out there (close to Chrome's security sandboxed environment), why are not so many people using it? Not just from a security standpoint, but its much faster as well. I can think of one simple reason, maybe the lack of extensions?...
  10. Chrome is the most popular web browser of all

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome is the most popular web browser of all: For over a decade, Internet Explorer (IE), thanks to Microsoft's illegal crushing of Netscape, ruled the web browser field. Competitors, such as Mozilla Firefox, made runs at IE, but they barely dented IE's lead. Then came Google Chrome in 2008, and in short order, IE was in...