Windows 10: Most popular browser for...

Discus and support Most popular browser for... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I mostly use Chrome and sometimes Firefox but for livestreaming Edge plays smooth Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vince Massi, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Edward Win User

Most popular browser for...

I mostly use Chrome and sometimes Firefox but for livestreaming Edge plays smooth

Edward, May 3, 2016

2. Edge is a new form of browser with some interesting enhancements. Simply being new however it still requires a lot of work but should eventually end up on top. Hopefully most of the bugs will be worked out of it by the time the Redstone 1 arrives or soon after for those planning to use it as their main browser.

Night Hawk, May 3, 2016
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, today I'm going to totally shift to Edge and see how things go.

BunnyJ, May 3, 2016
  4. Most popular browser for...

I totally moved to Edge at the beginning of the year

After about 3 months of fully using it I had to switch to something else to save my sanity *Wink

paulsalter, May 3, 2016
  5. Stephanie Win User
    I only use FF, does all I want *Smile

Stephanie, May 3, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Smart move ....*Wink

OldMike65, May 3, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    I've been using it almost exclusively for the last year for everything that doesn't specifically require IE. I like the look and feel of it.

I would note though that if you are on 14328 it seems to have some memory leak problem. I need to close and reopen it every couple of hours no matter what sites I visit. This is not terrible as it is insider build - it works fine on 10586.

This is what happened to me after closing it half an hour ago - see the drop - I was looking at a news site at the time but it doesn't matter - it happens with any site. Close Edge and reclaim in my case ~4GB. It then builds up again over time.

I'm sure it will pass as this is the only build I saw it and you get warned of "Low Memory" when it is time to do so..

Most popular browser for... [​IMG]

8. Most popular browser for...

*Roflmao2*Roflmao2
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2 *Thumbs

Mainly until one or two releases got fumbled I used the 64bit FF variant Waterfox and ran with FF 42-45 until WF 46 is now on running well again. With several browsers presently installed I simply have put Edge into the Secondary category until it progresses along further. It's still a bit far off from becoming the Prime Time alternative while despite having IE11 enabled I hardly that either.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Most popular browser for...

1. Most popular browser for... - Similar Threads - popular browser

2. Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...: Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo Gallery with software that, while maybe more powerful, is intuitive only to people lacking common sense, but who want to protect their jobs by making Microsoft help necessary for people...
  3. Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...: Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo Gallery with software that, while maybe more powerful, is intuitive only to people lacking common sense, but who want to protect their jobs by making Microsoft help necessary for people...
  4. Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular

in Windows 10 News
    Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular: [IMG]Twitter – now rebranded as X – no doubt is a great platform that has been not only liked by millions of users but celebrities alike. However, using the same app for a long time period can make it boring, normal, hence, worry not. In this article, we’ll be seeing some of...
  5. Microsoft may restore these popular Taskbar features in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft may restore these popular Taskbar features in Windows 11: When Microsoft launched Windows 11, at least some users who upgraded to the new operating system were disappointed by the taskbar of the operating system. The problem was not that Microsoft changed the default alignment to center from left, but that taskbar features of...
  6. The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...: Dear support,When I'm trying to open the Phone Link Your Phone Windows app I'm getting the common Windows cannot acc...ess the item. error :[Window Title] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23022.140.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhoneExperienceHost.exe [Content]...
  7. The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The popular "Windows cannot acc...ess the item." error when opening the Phone Link Your...: Dear support,When I'm trying to open the Phone Link Your Phone Windows app I'm getting the common Windows cannot acc...ess the item. error :[Window Title] C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.23022.140.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhoneExperienceHost.exe [Content]...
  8. Error Occured trying to play a popular game called roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Occured trying to play a popular game called roblox.: While I try to open the game "Roblox", the same error keeps popping up. The error says "The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll" It also says that"RobloxPlayerBeta.exe - Entry point not found" I've tried...
  9. Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

in Browsers and Email
    Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?: Despite Edge being one of the secure browsers out there (close to Chrome's security sandboxed environment), why are not so many people using it? Not just from a security standpoint, but its much faster as well. I can think of one simple reason, maybe the lack of extensions?...
  10. Chrome is the most popular web browser of all

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome is the most popular web browser of all: For over a decade, Internet Explorer (IE), thanks to Microsoft's illegal crushing of Netscape, ruled the web browser field. Competitors, such as Mozilla Firefox, made runs at IE, but they barely dented IE's lead. Then came Google Chrome in 2008, and in short order, IE was in...