Windows 10: Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search...

Discus and support Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I installed an app from Microsoft Store called 'Cartoon Photo Filters — CoolArt'. After that, all the preinstalled UWP app icons stopped showing up in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Xbox O, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Xbox O Win User

Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search...

I installed an app from Microsoft Store called 'Cartoon Photo Filters — CoolArt'. After that, all the preinstalled UWP app icons stopped showing up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search bar. Some apps recovered, like Alarms & Clocks, Calendar, and Camera. Also, non UWP apps like Control Panel and File Explorer were never affected. It shows in the taskbar and the main part of the Start Menu though.Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... [​IMG]Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... [​IMG]

:)

Xbox O, Jul 12, 2020

2. Preinstalled UWP thumbnails not showing up.

All (i think all) my default app's thumbnails aren't showing up properly
    They all show up like this.

Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... [​IMG]

Paint 3d
    microsoft store
    connect
    (all the office apps)
    photos
    etc
    show up like that without a thumbnail
    Windows 1903

Firecatmon, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search...

UWP apps: Blank icons in start menu

All of my UWP app icons are blank/empty/missing in the start menu search only. They appear correct in the start menu list itself, in settings. Some are missing in the taskbar as well, some are not.

Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... 1lUiU.png

I am using sagethumbs for some file extensions, but I disabled it and the issue persisted (after restarting Windows Explorer). I cleared the icon cache, still no luck.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I am using Windows 10 (1803 - Build 17134.112)

Felix Bernhard, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search...

1. Most preinstalled UWP app icons don't show up in the Start Menu's 'All Apps' and the Search... - Similar Threads - preinstalled UWP app

2. Microsoft Store apps' icons don't show up on Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store apps' icons don't show up on Search: I am currently facing an issue with windows 10 version 21H1 due to which apps installed via Microsoft Store have their icons replaced by a generic image instead of their unique icons. Apps which I have installed from websites are completely fine. I have tried:Manually...
  3. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  4. Some apps don't show up in start menu search results

in Cortana
    Some apps don't show up in start menu search results: Hi there experts, For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where some applications -- but not all -- just don't show up when I type into the start menu search. For example, I might launch Firefox by just typing "fir", at which point Firefox becomes the Best Match,...
  5. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  6. Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu: I debloat my windows 10 everything what i need is work fine, but today the uninstalled apps is came back to the start bar. [ATTACH] I still cant open the apps but it it irritates that they are there. Can i somehow delete or hide the icons?...
  7. App icon not showing on window search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  8. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  9. Preinstalled UWP thumbnails not showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preinstalled UWP thumbnails not showing up.: All (i think all) my default app's thumbnails aren't showing up properly They all show up like this. [img] Paint 3d microsoft store connect (all the office apps) photos etc show up like that without a thumbnail Windows 1903 142646
  10. Preinstalled UWP thumbnails not showing up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Preinstalled UWP thumbnails not showing up.: All (i think all) my default app's thumbnails aren't showing up properly They all show up like this. [img] Paint 3d microsoft store connect (all the office apps) photos etc show up like that without a thumbnail Windows 1903 142646

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek UWP app not showing up in start menu