Windows 10: Most Programs dont open/respond

Discus and support Most Programs dont open/respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , I've been having this problem for a while now , it started when I was using an 8.1 Version of windows and then after I upgraded to 10 , it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KremSH, Mar 27, 2020.

1. KremSH Win User

Most Programs dont open/respond

Hello , I've been having this problem for a while now , it started when I was using an 8.1 Version of windows and then after I upgraded to 10 , it started happenning again after a bit, programs would simply not open in the foreground , programs like : Steam, Google Chrome , Edge , etc... , some stuff that didnt respond was : the search bar on the taskbar and the start icon. I looked through the task manager and it seems these programs are still running in the background , when I try to end them it says: "Access denied" . I've tried reinstalling them , I've tried sfc scan , I've tried DISM , nothing seems to work , can someone here please help me?

:)

KremSH, Mar 27, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Most Programs dont open/respond :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Most Programs dont open/respond

Programs Not Responding repeatedly even after resetting Windows 10

My 3-year old Windows 10 Home laptop is repeatedly unresponsive. The open programs will display "Not responding" for 1-2 minutes, then works for a few seconds before the cycle repeats. I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this (full list of what I've done is below) all to no avail.I notice that when this unresponsive state occurs, the "Disk" process in my Task Manager rises to 50%, even though there are just a few processes that are using 0.1 MB/s.I suspect it could be a driver conflict, but I have gone to my Device Manager and don't see any issues flagged. Could anyone suggest what diagnostic steps or diagnostic tools I could use to identify the source of this problem?------------Here is what I have tried:- Shut down my antivirus (Kaspersky)- Shut down Dropbox and OneDrive- Closed my Chrome browser, MS Office programs and all my other programs- Disabled Windows Search- Disabled SuperFetch- Restarted the PC (this takes some 20 minutes when I hit this problem)- Run Chkdsk and repaired drive errors- Reset Windows 10 (fresh install)It worked ok for about a week after I reset Windows 10, but the problem has since returned.

windhoek2010, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Most Programs dont open/respond

1. Most Programs dont open/respond - Similar Threads - Programs dont open

2. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  3. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  4. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs jsut wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blacnk screen with little dots running across the top. After thta I...
  5. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  6. Program Not Responding

Program Not Responding: Need help.Program not responding nch software bluescreen occurs already done doing reinstalling software , update graphics card, install .net framework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-responding/3b5240cd-9dbf-4b45-8ee6-b3a94c592782
  7. Programs not responding

Programs not responding: Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when in active use or after coming back from sleep mode. Programs including all Office products are gray with the spinning icon...
  8. Program not responding

Program not responding: For about a week or so now we’ve had the same issue that many have had since the latest update. We applied the patch yesterday and all seemd well. For a brief moment. Today while working within our company program, we attempted to email a client. The program emails through...
  9. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467
  10. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467