Windows 10: Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them

Discus and support Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The title says it all, almost all programs that I have installed will open, freeze instantly and then crash to desktop after a bit. This is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Johnson the III, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them

The title says it all, almost all programs that I have installed will open, freeze instantly and then crash to desktop after a bit. This is also happening to a lot of window's own programs. However certain programs like Steam or GeForce experience will still work. I have already contacted windows support and I will most probably have to resort to a reset of my PC. The strange thing is this is already the second time it has happened, I have already had the need to do a reset because of exactly the same problem. So my question is what exactly might be causing this? Because I surely don't want to keep resetting my PC every other month. Is it a hardware problem? A software one? As someone else ever had a similar problem? Please help.

:)

John Johnson the III, Mar 23, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 23, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them

Command prompt open and crash instantly.

Command prompt open and crash instantly. I tried run it as admin and result is same can somebody help ?

JakubSchneider, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them

1. Most programs freeze and crash instantly after opening them - Similar Threads - programs freeze crash

2. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  3. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  4. Most programs on computer are instantly crashing such as microsoft edge, cc cleaner and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most programs on computer are instantly crashing such as microsoft edge, cc cleaner and...: HelloAll of a sudden my pc has stopped working properly. Certain programs do work entirely such as chrome and word but other random ones just refuse to open or crash within seconds. In safe mode, everything works well including the windows settings boxes which refuse to open...
  5. Most programs on computer are instantly crashing such as microsoft edge, cc cleaner and...

Most programs on computer are instantly crashing such as microsoft edge, cc cleaner and...: HelloAll of a sudden my pc has stopped working properly. Certain programs do work entirely such as chrome and word but other random ones just refuse to open or crash within seconds. In safe mode, everything works well including the windows settings boxes which refuse to open...
  6. Most programs on computer are instantly crashing such as microsoft edge, cc cleaner and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening: All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  8. most apps crash a few seconds after opening them

most apps crash a few seconds after opening them: most apps crash a few seconds after opening them including games or even windows programs like event viewer, this problem appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but disappeared a bit after i gave up trying to fix it when i accidently opened a game instead of opening...
  9. windows programs instantly crashing

windows programs instantly crashing: key windows features such as back up abilities and the ability to reset my PC crash on use as well as any programs aside from a handful such as Chrome,Discord and Steam thank you for any help which you may be able to provide...
  10. Windows defender closing most programs instantly after launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender closing most programs instantly after launch: As the title says, things such as games from steam, to even the sound settings are closed about 3 seconds after launching. I tried disabling windows firewall. And the issue went away. Of course i would rather have it enabled, but I am rather stumped. Literally NOTHING...