Windows 10: Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

Discus and support Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello i just got a new laptop today which has windows 10 on it. And the issue im facing is everything almost installs to my SSD drive where my OS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/facade1994, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

Hello i just got a new laptop today which has windows 10 on it. And the issue im facing is everything almost installs to my SSD drive where my OS is located rather then my 1 TB HDD. I barely get any choice to choose. Steam allowed me to change it. I've even gone to the storage settings and set everything to my D: drive but that has done nothing. I really hope theres an actual way to make the D: Drive the default install location as otherwise my SSD would just be filled with programs that i do not want on it beyond key programs. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/facade1994
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/facade1994, Nov 9, 2019

2. save programs to Drive D

i have 2 drives (CMost programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10 :)and (DMost programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10 :). My C is ssd and its for my system or OS and its storage is limited only so i want to use my Drive D because its 1 terabyte. So what i want is that the programs (like skype, steam) that i download from google chrome or internet
    explorer to be saved in my drive D not in C.

JagjitKingra, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Wanting to move Program files & Program Files(x86) from C drive [SSD] to D drive [HDD]?

Hey,

So I've been searching google, all kinds of forums and youtube but no luck. My SSD [C drive] is really small on my new pc so I wanted to move stuff over to the HDD [D drive]. Pictures and documents are already on the D drive. I'm not sure how to do this
    effectively and most importantly safely. I know you can get given the option on some installs as to where to put it, however I get told that I can't put it into my D drive because, for example,
    "Origin cannot save games in a root directory".

Please can someone help as to what I can do?

Thanks.

Aimée.93xo, Nov 9, 2019
  4. NormaleD Win User

Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

Can I store Windows 10 upgrade to the C: drive instead of the D:/RECOVERY drive?

I tried to download the Windows 10 upgrade and got an error message that there was not enough space. I have 500 GB free on my C: drive. However, the download defaults to save it on my existing D:/recovery drive where there is not enough space There
    is plenty of space on the C: Drive. Is there any way to make the Windows 10 upgrade download store to the C: drive instead of the existing d:/recovery drive.

NormaleD, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

1. Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10 - Similar Threads - programs saving drive

2. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  3. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  4. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  5. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  6. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows on D: drive (internal SSD), programs on C: drive (internal HDD) - is that normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on D: drive (internal SSD), programs on C: drive (internal HDD) - is that normal?: To make things a bit more interesting, I also installed a new version of Windows 10 Pro on the C: drive because I didn't think things through first (sigh). So, in a nutshell I've got a desktop that boots from the SSD, which has a minimum Windows 10 Pro installation on it,...
  8. Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.

Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.: I tried moving my Microsoft game apps to my much larger D drive, using the instructions that were recommended: [ATTACH] They stayed on drive C, but they did show up here on D: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I open these in D, delete the ones in C, but still have icons on the...
  9. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...
  10. Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive: I have read many articles on setting up my SSD drive as my boot drive, and using my HDD for file and programs I don't need the speed for. I have read everything from moving users, files, and changing default locations using the registry, to just creating D:/program files...