Windows 10: Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

Discus and support Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blue Joaquin Giga, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most of the time it just puts it in other sections like "A long time ago", "yesterday", "earlier this week" but never shows that it was downloaded today. No I haven't changed any settings.

:)

Blue Joaquin Giga, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see files and folders under the Quick access section.

The Quick access section will show all the recent files accessed under the recent files section and the most recent folder on the left pane.

As per the screenshot provided by you, I can see that the options are already checked. I suggest you to click on the
    Restore Defaults button to restore the settings back to default and check if that helps.

You can also create a new user account and check if the options are working. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also, I suggest you to run DISM command to check for system file corruptions and repair them. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run DISM scan:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and press Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 29, 2022
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

eidairaman1, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

1. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder - Similar Threads - recent files showing

2. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder: So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most of the time it just puts it in other sections like "A long time ago", "yesterday", "earlier this week" but never shows that...
  3. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder: So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most of the time it just puts it in other sections like "A long time ago", "yesterday", "earlier this week" but never shows that...
  4. My download folder doesn't show the most recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My download folder doesn't show the most recent files: i don't know why, but my download folder recently stopped showing newer files, i tried searching but no one seemed to have this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-download-folder-doesnt-show-the-most-recent/9ad2e2bd-ba08-4858-be0c-544bcef11d98
  5. My download folder doesn't show the most recent files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download folder doesn't show the most recent files: i don't know why, but my download folder recently stopped showing newer files, i tried searching but no one seemed to have this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-download-folder-doesnt-show-the-most-recent/9ad2e2bd-ba08-4858-be0c-544bcef11d98
  6. My download folder doesn't show the most recent files

7. my downloaded files isnt showing up in recent files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my downloaded files isnt showing up in recent files: I deleted everything on recent files since it looked messy. When I started downloading packs for my sims it didn't show up. I've tried many things, but it only shows up on downloaded. The thing is that other things started showing up but not my downloaded files....
  8. my downloaded files isnt showing up in recent files

my downloaded files isnt showing up in recent files: I deleted everything on recent files since it looked messy. When I started downloading packs for my sims it didn't show up. I've tried many things, but it only shows up on downloaded. The thing is that other things started showing up but not my downloaded files....
  9. my downloaded files isnt showing up in recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. The most recent update messed up my folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/