Windows 10: Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

Discus and support Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LynnParsons WWFemail, May 15, 2019 at 1:32 PM.

1. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through the process and claims success, I do not see the apps in start menu. Anyone else experience the same? This is a personal device using one of my 5 o365 office licenses from my work account.

:)

LynnParsons WWFemail, May 15, 2019 at 1:32 PM

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

4. Naresh_K Win User

Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

Office disables Windows animations

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen when Windows tries to choose performance over display/graphic effects. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Disable hardware acceleration in Office

1. Start any Office program.
    1. On the File tab, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
    3. In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.

Method 2: Update the graphic drivers: Please follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphic drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thema:

Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

1. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install - Similar Threads - recent update disabled

2. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  3. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  4. Cannot update from 1709 to most recent version of Windows 10

Cannot update from 1709 to most recent version of Windows 10: I want to update to 1809, but going through the windows update option to 1803. I have tried this many times, It brings the error _____ every time. I have try the windows troubleshoot and it does not help. I have tried updating through the Microsoft website which fails with...
  5. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  6. KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.

KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.: KB4467708 failed to install. After rebooting, the update reach 30% and then rollback. Yet, it is listed in the list of updates that can be uninstalled. Removing KB4467708 also fail, with the same rollback. More recent updates like KB4471332 fail. Manually installing...
  7. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    OS is mostly disabled and inoperable: Duplicate post. Apologies. Disreguard thanks. 121571
  8. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    OS is mostly disabled and inoperable: Very strange morning. Husband restarted his PC after Facebook page would not load giving the "no internet" page. Internet/wifi was working fine on my other PC on the network. Before I restarted again, I ran the CCleaner both "cleaner" and "registry" and it worked. Then it...
  9. I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently: Hi all, I'm desperate here. I've been using Logitech Setpoint for years. That is software that allows you to customize your Logitech Mouse or Keyboard. I've had my share of problems with Setpoint, but this is a new one. I had a drive failure, and I just got Windows 10 Pro...
  10. The most used OS in the world doesn't know how to install updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The most used OS in the world doesn't know how to install updates: Yeah, this stupid os is still trying to install SHitty crush saga by itself (200mb) stalling all the critical updates on qeue and saturating all the bandwidth (1mbit) available. WTF, who the hell is developing this, how is possible everybody dreaming AI and the biggest...