Windows 10: Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

Discus and support Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LynnParsons WWFemail, May 15, 2019.

1. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through the process and claims success, I do not see the apps in start menu. Anyone else experience the same? This is a personal device using one of my 5 o365 office licenses from my work account.

:)

LynnParsons WWFemail, May 15, 2019

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, May 15, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 15, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

Office disables Windows animations

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen when Windows tries to choose performance over display/graphic effects. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Disable hardware acceleration in Office

1. Start any Office program.
    1. On the File tab, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
    3. In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.

Method 2: Update the graphic drivers: Please follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphic drivers.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

1. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install - Similar Threads - recent update disabled

2. cannot delete items after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete items after most recent update: I had an update on my win 10 MSI laptop yesterday. My desktop also got the same update but only on my laptop is the delete optionright click is completely gone. I cannot delete anything as of now. It wont let me move folders to trash, all searched options for a fix have...
  3. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  4. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  5. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Internet connection not recognized by os after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection not recognized by os after most recent update.: My active internet connection is not recognized by my os. Update setting does not recognize active connection; shows network status as not connected. Store will not connect. Games will not connect. Task bar icon shows not connected. Yet Internet works. Am using my laptop to...
  7. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  9. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    OS is mostly disabled and inoperable: Duplicate post. Apologies. Disreguard thanks. 121571
  10. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    OS is mostly disabled and inoperable: Very strange morning. Husband restarted his PC after Facebook page would not load giving the "no internet" page. Internet/wifi was working fine on my other PC on the network. Before I restarted again, I ran the CCleaner both "cleaner" and "registry" and it worked. Then it...