Windows 10: Most Recent Update Issue

Discus and support Most Recent Update Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ValerieEllis1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Most Recent Update Issue

Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application."

Please advise how I can uninstall the last update.

:)

ValerieEllis1, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Most Recent Update Issue Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Most Recent Update Issue

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Most Recent Update Issue

1. Most Recent Update Issue - Similar Threads - Recent Update Issue

2. Windows 11 issues after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 issues after most recent update: So I recently updated windows 11 December of 2023. I have had massive issues since. Programs won’t open/close and remain in a zombie status in task manager can’t force closeReboots are not working and sit and spin.Mouse is choppyI can’t even get web browsers to work sometimes...
  3. Windows 11 issues after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 issues after most recent update: So I recently updated windows 11 December of 2023. I have had massive issues since. Programs won’t open/close and remain in a zombie status in task manager can’t force closeReboots are not working and sit and spin.Mouse is choppyI can’t even get web browsers to work sometimes...
  4. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  5. trouble with the most recent update

trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  6. Most recent updates will not install

Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  7. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  8. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  9. Most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  10. Most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...