Windows 10: Most recent update made my headphones not work...

Discus and support Most recent update made my headphones not work... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, hoping for some assistance. The most recent Windows Update installed last night, and ever since, I've been unable to hear anything through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Knockabout, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Most recent update made my headphones not work...

Hello, hoping for some assistance.

The most recent Windows Update installed last night, and ever since, I've been unable to hear anything through my headphones. If they're plugged in, I'll still get speaker output.

I've tried all of the common solutions--there are no hidden audio devices to be enabled, I looked for any audio enhancements to turn off (there aren't any), updated my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers...nothing worked. And oddly enough--halfway through the uninstallation of my Realtek driver, the headphones started working again. But then by the end of uninstallation they didn't work anymore.

Any advice? Has this happened with anyone else?

EDIT: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, and have confirmed that my headphones work with other devices. I know the hardware isn't the issue bexause I DID get sound back through the headphones briefly.

submitted by /u/-Knockabout
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Knockabout, Jan 20, 2021

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Most recent update made my headphones not work...

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Most recent update made my headphones not work...

1. Most recent update made my headphones not work... - Similar Threads - recent update made

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Most Recent Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  4. Recent update made my quicken disappear

Recent update made my quicken disappear: Windows update made my Quicken program disappear?!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-made-my-quicken-disappear/3793cd34-920e-4dbb-b86c-8e1fa893b74c
  5. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  6. Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update: Since doing the most recent update I have found that I am sometimes not able to hear any audio through any of my headsets, despite them working fine before the update. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it? submitted by /u/GingerWheels99 [link] [comments]...
  7. Most recent update KB4551762? made my monitors plugged into second video cards not work

Most recent update KB4551762? made my monitors plugged into second video cards not work: Pretty much what it says above. I have several monitors, 3 plugged into an NVIDIA 2080 and two plugged into another one. Everything was fine, until the update mentioned above and then the two monitors plugged into the second video card do not work. Updated the driver....
  8. Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working with PC after most recent Win 10 update: Hi, I have a pair of headphones that have been working fine with Windows 10, until today when I updated my PC. Now, I get no sound output on them. I tested them with my phone and they still work just fine. The Windows 10 sound troubleshooter was of no help. I have tried every...
  9. Audio Stop working with most recent update

Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...