Windows 10: Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop

Discus and support Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says , the most recent major update removed the Brightness controls for my laptop. I did try to update stuff in the Devise Manager ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrBots, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DrBots Win User

Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop

As the title says , the most recent major update removed the Brightness controls for my laptop.

I did try to update stuff in the Devise Manager , but nothing has worked.

:)

DrBots, Mar 17, 2020

2. Display Brightness too low even when set at 100%, after updating to Windows 10

Screen Brightness remains too low in spite of taking many steps

Dear Pavan,

Sorry for the belated response as I was in the meanwhile also trying some other solutions that came in connection with my not being able to delete any attachments to a mail in any mode. Here is an update:

I raised this issue for the first time on April 15, 2016. Several suggestions came in and I tried all of them but the problem remains unsolved.

The background: Recently I upgraded my 2 laptops (Acer 5750 & Sony Vaio 64-bit, i5) from the earlier Windows 7 to Windows 10. The Brightness of Display which was fully good earlier, became too low on Sony laptop
    as if set to 15 or 20%, even when set to 100%. Being dim, it strains the eye. No such problem is there with Acer laptop.

Suggestions so far received which have been already implemented are:

• Brightness & Contrast settings

• Colour Contrast & Balance

• High Contrast & Making the Computer easier to see

• Gamma Adjustment

• SFC scan now

• Complete DIS Scan, including RestoreHealth

• Troubleshooting

• Clean Reboot

Unfortunately, the trouble remains. Can you or anyone else help?

Best wishes,

Kumar

KumarTipirneni, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Nick_CT Win User
    Creators Update broke my brightness settings??

Clearly this is a creators update error. My assumption is that the night light feature implementation has resulted in microsoft corrupting the brightness control programming.

My system: Acer Aspire V3-772G; 4th generation intel processor ; Windows is completely up to date

Steps I have taken to solve this problem are all temporary solutions:

• Disable intel graphics device in device manager. Thereafter enable it.
    • Update latest intel driver .inf through "let me pick from list of available drivers on this computer" process (20.19.15.4624)
    • Rollback driver

I welcome the night light feature and hope to see it integrated into other operating systems but 100% brightness is not acceptable. This is a
    health concern.

I would appreciate a microsoft employee's response.

Nick_CT, Mar 17, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop - Similar Threads - recent update broke

2. Windows update broke most of the functions of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke most of the functions of my laptop: My laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 700.I clicked the button to restart my laptop and an update started installing. Note: I didn't click the button "update and restart pc", I clicked the normal buttonAfter my pc restarted, I noticed there were things wrong.- When I try to...
  3. Windows update broke most of the functions of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke most of the functions of my laptop: My laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 700.I clicked the button to restart my laptop and an update started installing. Note: I didn't click the button "update and restart pc", I clicked the normal buttonAfter my pc restarted, I noticed there were things wrong.- When I try to...
  4. Windows update broke most of the functions of my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  6. Most recent windows update completely broke PC

Most recent windows update completely broke PC: The day after i downloaded the most recent windows update from I think the 11th my pc restarted and would not allow me to get to the desktop no matter what, at first it was freezing at lock screen, then it started booting into a black loading screen, then it ended up getting...
  7. most recent update broke wireless connections

most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  8. Sound broke after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  9. Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!: I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not one of them has ever been useful for me. All they've ever done is slow my PC more than it already is. I constantly turn off...
  10. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...