Windows 10: most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened

Discus and support most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion 15. I ran latest Windows update tonight and when It restarted I got the blue screen with "Step Code: NTFS error"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jemmatcf, Feb 8, 2020.

1. jemmatcf Win User

most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened

Hi, I have Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion 15. I ran latest Windows update tonight and when It restarted I got the blue screen with "Step Code: NTFS error" and then it goes black, says it is preparing auto recovery goes to the blue screen goes black etc endlessly. Please help!

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jemmatcf, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Blue Screen Error - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. For us to assist you better, we'd like to know more about this.

Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Refer this article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and follow the steps provided.

Method 2: Update the drivers and check.

The issue might be related to driver related issues. I'd suggest you to download and run the

HP Support Assistant
    to update the drivers. You can also download and install the driver updates for

HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st
    from the HP support site and check.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Feb 8, 2020
  3. hp pavilion blue screen error

Hi Team,

we have some HP-Pavilion laptops over which windows OS installed. It is throwing blue screen error for every now and then. kindly help us on this issue get it resolved. We are uploading MEMORY dump file in compressed file and please do postmortem and let
    us know. We have took all troubleshooting steps.

shaik saleem, Feb 8, 2020
  4. most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened

Freezing on Hp Pavilion 15-ab257tx after Windows 10 (Anniversery update)

Old title: Freezing on Hp Pavilion 15-ab257tx

Windows: Windows 10 (Anniversery update)

Laptop: hp pavilion 15-ab257tx

Last updated: 16/08/2016

All updates (including device manager, hp updates, Windows update)

Problem: My laptop is randomly freezing. First, the internet/wifi doesn't work properly. Secondly everything becomes unresponsive from the screen, applications to the buttons and touchpad. The screen just stops and does not change. Lastly, it makes a noise.
    (If i'm playing League of Legends it doesn't freeze instantly after the internet problem, it happens a few seconds later.)

Nathan♦♥♣♠, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened

1. most recent windows 10 update -HP Pavilion 15 blue screened - Similar Threads - recent update Pavilion

2. HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email: I have a Hewlett Packard 399 Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 that has stopped updating my default email account. It is now 53 days since any activity. It will neither send nor receive new emails. I can access my Outlook account using the web browser and my email account...
  3. HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email: I have a Hewlett Packard 399 Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 that has stopped updating my default email account. It is now 53 days since any activity. It will neither send nor receive new emails. I can access my Outlook account using the web browser and my email account...
  4. Blue Screens - Most recent - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screens - Most recent - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: I have been getting blue screens off and on for sometime but not nearly as many that have ocurred over the last few weeks. Mini-dumps and full dumps were taken. I took an effort to decipher them and review options on these boards. I'm having some issues with symbol loading. I...
  5. i have an hp pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have an hp pavilion 15: hi i have a pavilion 15 it came with windows 7, but got a free update, 10 years down the line to today ive had to take to a store for factory reboot, but now its telling me the windows 10 which was installed in my laptop at the repair shop is saying not activated, i thought...
  6. Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly: Hello, my HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc's screen just blackout when I change the angle of the lid or even barely move it, it keeps on, on a certain angle even the slightest move would turn it off, I think this is the lid sensor acting up but I am not sure, and it keeps doing...
  7. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  8. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  9. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15: I have tried most solutions in the internet. It has been 2 years since my last windows update. I am currently stuck in windows v 1803 and cannot update further. I have tried most of the solutions given in the internet and yet somehow it still manages to fail. After 90% of the...
  10. hp pavilion blue screen error

hp pavilion blue screen error: Hi Team, we have some HP-Pavilion laptops over which windows OS installed. It is throwing blue screen error for every now and then. kindly help us on this issue get it resolved. We are uploading MEMORY dump file in compressed file and please do postmortem and let us know....