Windows 10: Most recent windows update completely broke PC

Discus and support Most recent windows update completely broke PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The day after i downloaded the most recent windows update from I think the 11th my pc restarted and would not allow me to get to the desktop no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scrithen, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Scrithen Win User

Most recent windows update completely broke PC

The day after i downloaded the most recent windows update from I think the 11th my pc restarted and would not allow me to get to the desktop no matter what, at first it was freezing at lock screen, then it started booting into a black loading screen, then it ended up getting only to bios before getting to an infinite loop of repair, none of the available options working. I got windows reinstalled, but it reinstalled as Pro and not Home, so i have to install home now because i don't have a key for pro, but it will not allow me to install windows from a usb to my hard drive because all of the available partitions have different reasons why i cant do it alongside the GPT partition style problem. Not a single thing that I have tried from other peoples problems has worked at all, never has my pc had any problem like this and its only a couple years old. My grandpa who is much more tech savvy than I am also couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.

:)

Scrithen, Feb 19, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Most recent windows update completely broke PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Most recent windows update completely broke PC - Similar Threads - recent update completely

2. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  3. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  4. The most recent Windows update is not completing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The most recent Windows update is not completing.: The most recent windows update is hanging after the restart and before you get to the log in screen. The message shows that updates are 100% complete, but it never gets past that point. All you see is a black screen with the message at the bottom that says Updates 100%...
  5. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  6. Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop: As the title says , the most recent major update removed the Brightness controls for my laptop. I did try to update stuff in the Devise Manager , but nothing has worked....
  7. most recent update broke wireless connections

most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  8. Sound broke after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  9. Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!: I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not one of them has ever been useful for me. All they've ever done is slow my PC more than it already is. I constantly turn off...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...