Windows 10: Most recent windows update has my screen all black with the white cursor still working. I...

Discus and support Most recent windows update has my screen all black with the white cursor still working. I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my pc about an hour ago and once the system boot back up all it shows is a black screen and the cursor of the mouse, which still works. I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R0dela, Jan 18, 2021.

1. /u/R0dela Win User

Most recent windows update has my screen all black with the white cursor still working. I...

I updated my pc about an hour ago and once the system boot back up all it shows is a black screen and the cursor of the mouse, which still works.

I’ve looked up videos for the past hour and most of them suggested I hit Alt + Ctrl & Delete to get access to task bar and basically work from there but it’s not showing up for me. I also tried Alt + Shift & Esc but task bar isn’t showing up whatsoever.

I also tried to hold my power button and try to get the trouble shoot screen a couple of times but that hasn’t worked either.

I went into the BIOS but I don’t really know how to maneuver it from there.

I’m stuck and I don’t really know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

submitted by /u/R0dela
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/R0dela, Jan 18, 2021

2. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be a common issue. When I typed in my password, I heard Skype open, so I know it is there, just not on my screen. I do not have a port to plug in another screen, nor do I think it would make a difference. I also tried the drop, the windows +p and nothing worked. Any suggestions? Thank you

Roadangel65, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Most recent windows update has my screen all black with the white cursor still working. I...

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Most recent windows update has my screen all black with the white cursor still working. I... - Similar Threads - recent update has

2. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  3. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  4. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  5. personalization screen has gone mostly all white

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalization screen has gone mostly all white: While trying to change colours in personalization i have gone into grey mode and while trying to fix that i have an almost completely white screen. I can hover over a few things that are black but i can't tell what they are for because i can't see any of the printing. I...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  8. All screens are black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
    All screens are black and white: How do I get back normal colours on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-screens-are-black-and-white/ff8ef195-bd76-4f9b-8c15-05a44cb9615f
  9. black screen with a white cursor after i updated windows. driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen with a white cursor after i updated windows. driver issue: this is an incredibly frustrating experience because im going thru chemo right now so im not "all there" and ive spent the last two days sifting thru garbage solutions. amd athlon x4 635 processor. 4gb ram. 64bit windows 10. radeon hd4250 windows apparently updated,...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...