Windows 10: Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks

Discus and support Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 18362.267 most mouse clicks are translated into two clicks. I use a Logitech G-203 USB mouse which worked perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DPM2009, Jul 28, 2019.

1. DPM2009 Win User

Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks

On my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 18362.267 most mouse clicks are translated into two clicks. I use a Logitech G-203 USB mouse which worked perfectly until some time ago (not sure when). I still use the default Microsoft mouse drivers.

Issue

Most mouse clicks are translated into two clicks. It sounds innocent but it's a real issue; click on an app and you get two instances, single click on a file and you get either a copy or it will open, single click in a menu bar and the app closes, multiple selections are almost impossible etc.

Attempts to resolve

This is what I did before to try to resolve the issue, but did not:

• Installed Logitech drivers
    • Removed drivers and let Windows auto install them again
    • Changed mouse Double-Click speed.
    • Turn on ClickLock (can help a bit, but not much)

To my surprise the latest Windows update with KB4505903 was supposed to fix a similar issue. According to:

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-18362267---heres-whats-new

"Addresses an issue that may cause a mouse press and release event to sometimes produce an extra mouse move event."

If the issue is indeed caused by Windows, then this fix is not working. Are more users still experiencing mouse issues?

:)

DPM2009, Jul 28, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jul 28, 2019
  3. R9
    r9 Win User

Yes.

4. Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks

I have all my shortcuts arranged categorically as custom toolbars. That way I only have to single click them, without changing my mouse to single instead of double click. It's the best of both worlds if you ask me, and no desktop clutter.

Frag Maniac, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks

1. Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks - Similar Threads - single mouse clicks

2. Is there a way to replace double-click with two "single" clicks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace double-click with two "single" clicks?: I've got my mouse set to the slowest double-click setting in Windows 10, but I tend to get wrist cramps and stiffness in my fingers so it's still uncomfortable. I've tried single-click, but it's awkward to use when batch-selecting with shift or CTRL. It occurred to me that I...
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  5. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  7. Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep

Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep: Very strange and specific issue. Specifically every time I wake the PC up from sleep, the mouse double clicks on single inputs. The only solution is to unplug and reconnect the usb. Issue occurs on Windows 10 x64....
  8. Single clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single clicking mouse: Using Windows 8 we could single click to open files etc. How do we do it on Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-clicking-mouse/510d0824-9f14-479e-9b9f-8bd879142c22
  9. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...