Windows 10: Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.

Discus and support Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see a lot of people are having trouble pinning & repositioning icons on Start Menu, but I haven't run across anything as odd as this. Most icons on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricValPat, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.

I see a lot of people are having trouble pinning & repositioning icons on Start Menu, but I haven't run across anything as odd as this.

Most icons on my Start menu can be dragged & repositioned, but a few refuse to budge. The offenders were all pinned from the Control Panel: Devices and Printers, Power Options & System. Those three persistently line up at the bottom of my very full Start Menu, positioning themselves left to right in order of when I pinned them. I can resize them, no problem. When I drag them tho, as soon as they're released, they snap right back to where they were. I've pinned & unpinned them many times, but the result is always the same.

I'm running Win 10 Home 64-bit that came preinstalled on my Asus VivoMini. I've gone to a lot of trouble setting it up & now it's running fine except for this one niggling problem. The same thing happens on my Toshiba Portege Z930 laptop, but on two other Asus computers (a K20CD & a K20CE) I've pinned those same three icons & had no problems at all with them. Go figure.

Not a serious problem, I'll admit, but really irritating. Any suggestions?

:)

EricValPat, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 23, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge. prob.jpg

psyko12, Nov 23, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.

1. Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge. - Similar Threads - Start Menu icons

2. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  3. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  4. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar: Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but still cannot move an icon.Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎07/‎2020 OS build...
  6. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar: Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but still cannot move an icon.Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎07/‎2020 OS build...
  7. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

8. Start Menu refuses to work

Start Menu refuses to work: Each time I click on the windows 10 start menu, I get a nice message saying "Critical Error Your Start Menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in." I have rebooted the machine several times and also signed out and signed back in. Other than this, I...
  9. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...
  10. Start Menu Refusing To Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Refusing To Open: This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on...