Windows 10: most things locked and cannot click on.

Discus and support most things locked and cannot click on. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; example. notices down right corner with the little square bubble that turns white when windows want you to do something or stuff been done.. cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m0nk3n, Aug 4, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

most things locked and cannot click on.

example. notices down right corner with the little square bubble that turns white when windows want you to do something or stuff been done.. cannot click on..

i've done checked with malwarebytes, and superantispyware, and tdsskiller with a reboot. and nothing comes up.

so i tried going to windows update, and there is a " function\functionality update for windows 10, version 1607. that i'm downloading now. i read around google and found something on reddit about some beta testing when that was going on and the exact same weird things happen here.

here is the link, Can't click on notification messages? : Windows10

:)

m0nk3n, Aug 4, 2016

2. Can't click certain things on navigation bar and Microsoft Edge gives me an error...

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue. Le us know if you need any further assistance regarding Windows.

John Rubdy, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Can't click certain things on navigation bar and Microsoft Edge gives me an error...

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the suggestions below and check if that works for you:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 4, 2016
  4. m0nk3n Win User

that update fixed it *Smile

m0nk3n, Aug 4, 2016
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    event id 41 critical... havent had 1 of those since before i got windows 10....

m0nk3n, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. most things locked and cannot click on. - Similar Threads - things locked cannot

2. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  3. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  4. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have no access to most things anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have no access to most things anymore: Hi, I have an issue which I can't access to most things in the computer anymore due to me not having any privileges on my computer anymore due to the security section of properties being changed. I was confused initially because the one and only account I have has...
  6. most annoying thing ever

in Windows 10 Customization
    most annoying thing ever: I've found some problem with 3 problems and its very annoying1.unhandled exception has occurred in your application2.0x800704243.0xe043452I've been trying to find how to solve all the problem more than a monthand seems like all of them don't help at all I watched 1000+ videos...
  7. click lock

in Windows 10 Support
    click lock: What is the secret to turning off click lock?? I’ve tried unchecking the box and rebootingbut it keeps coming back. Is there a wayto permantly turn it off? WINDOWS 10 154691
  8. cant click on certain things...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant click on certain things...: I cant click on anything like the windows button or windows defender, etc. when i try to open microsoft edge, it says that the element is not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-on-certain-things/4dab8437-e9f6-4aa7-bd5f-ceee089426b0
  9. Explorer refresh is the most annoying thing in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer refresh is the most annoying thing in Win10: When you are renaming files. When you are selecting multiple files. When you are scrolling down a folder. Explorer refreshes negates all you have done, takes you back to the top and in effect says "start again". ….and when you start again you are in a race against...
  10. new update broke, well most things.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new update broke, well most things.: Just got the march 17th update and it broke most of my usb devices. Occulus rift, joysticks, steering wheel etc. basicly anything that needs any power such as leds. usb devices except mouse and keyboard(not sure why) keep turning on and off every few seconds so cant be...