Windows 10: Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

Discus and support Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello chaps! Strange problem: As of last month, most updates do not install on my Win10 Pro machine, e.g. KB5004331 KB5004237 KB5004296 Error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAGEdemon, Aug 3, 2021.

1. RAGEdemon Win User

Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

Hello chaps! Strange problem: As of last month, most updates do not install on my Win10 Pro machine, e.g. KB5004331 KB5004237 KB5004296 Error code: 0x800f0845 Drivers and some updates install fine however. Things I have tried: 1. SFC /Scannow and DISM Restorehealth 2. Attempted reading CBS.Log, Setuperr.log, setupact.log (all attached). 3. In place upgrade online with updates - failed with 'Failed on Second Boot' problem: 0xc1900101 - 0x40017 4. In place upgrade from ISO - WITHOUT updates - successfully installed however updates still do not install once in windows environment. 5. Some googling mentioned that it could be a driver issue, so unplugged ALL USB devices and disabled everything in the BIOS including storage controllers / USB etc - problem persists. 6. Windows update reset 7. Updated ALL drivers manually and using Snappy 8. Probably other things which I have forgotten to mention. I'm at the end of my rope chaps. My only caveat is that I do not wish to lose my installed apps and files - I am sure it will work if I wipe everything and start afresh, however that is not what I would call "success" Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! :) Help would be appreciated - thank you!

:)

RAGEdemon, Aug 3, 2021
  2. morrow Win User

Windows 10 clean install help, tried several things

Hey everyone, new member here, and of course I have an issue and need help! I'll try to make this as detailed as possible. I bought a new HP Slimline Desktop (model 410-010) and I am having trouble installing Windows 10 on a SSD I installed in it. This computer came with Windows 10 on a HDD that I have swapped out for a new SSD. What happens is during the install on the “getting files ready for installation” step it errors out (last time at 92% but it varies)

Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! [​IMG]

When I click OK it sends me right back to the install now screen.

First some info. I have been doing several Windows 10 clean installs on various family devices lately and have all been greatly successful using a USB drive created with the Windows 10 Creation Tool. This is the first one I have run into an issue with, but it is also a brand new desktop. The other laptops/desktops were older and had Windows 7 or 8, but the clean install worked fine, even when I was putting new SSDs in them.

Here are all the things I’ve tried so far and none of them have worked:
    • There are no extra devices in this desktop computer, I tried installing it several times with the DVD unplugged which is the only other thing.
    • I used the Windows 10 Creation Tool to create the USB drives. I tried 2 different USB flash drives, and both drives have worked fine on other computers
    • I tried several different USB ports, the USB 2.0 ports on the back, the USB 3.0 ports on the back, and the USB 2.0 ports on the front
    • I actually have 2 new SSDs that are identical and I’ve tried them both separately in this desktop
    • There is only 1 stick of RAM in the computer and I tried it in each of the 2 RAM slots
    • I tried switching between the 2 SATA ports on the motherboard
    • I tried switching SATA cables
    • I also tried downloading the Windows 10 ISO with the Windows 10 Creation Tool and then using Rufus to put it on a USB drive but that didn’t seem to work, it wasn’t even recognized as a bootable device. I may have been using Rufus wrong but IDK if this test is really even necessary as the Windows 10 creation tool USB drive method has worked perfectly for me in the past.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

*EDIT* i should also add between each attempt I have used diskpart and cleaned the SSD while it was attached to another computer

morrow, Aug 3, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

HELP!!! Vista x64 Updates reappearing!!!

SOLVED!!!! refer to my last post.

as the title says, i have downloaded updates many times & they keep reappearing.
    usually it would end by saying 7 or 8 out of 30 or so failed & i get the error 80070002. i have tried all the methods Microsoft gives to fix that error & no help. (plz dont ask me 2 do the same crap again, i've already done it atleast 3x!)
    so i manually downloaded the updates in the list (available updates list, NOT the list in the screenshot)
    & then attempted to manually install them all 1 by 1... slowly each one would take a little bit longer to load then the last. till finally i had installed em all... i restarted the comp & vista did its normal taking ages to configure updates thing & then windows loaded & i checked the updates & it said 1 available update! so i updated & it said successful!
    restarted the computer & surprise surprise... 15 available updates!!!!!*Twitch :twitch: all ones i have attempted to install over & over....:shadedshu so then i went into programs & features & selected installed updates & checked the list with the ones i downloaded & i was shocked to find that only 1 of the updates that i manually downloaded & installed was in the list!!!!*Mad Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! :mad:

im about 2 the point of throwing the bloody thing out a window!*Bang Head :banghead:
    i have tried almost everything i can think of.....*Confused Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! :confused:

is there a minimum amount of free space u need or ur C drive to update or anything???

i give up... please help me..... if u need more info just ask....

cheers*Toast :toast:

(files on the left are 1s i have downloaded & tried to install)

Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! [​IMG]

Firedomain, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

1. Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please! - Similar Threads - updates longer install

2. Windows 10 pc stuck on black screen with spinning circle, tried many things, please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pc stuck on black screen with spinning circle, tried many things, please Help!: I have a windows 10 desktop, was runnning fine for years, kept it updated with windows/gpu drivers etc, used avast one for an AV.The other day i left my pc running stable diffision while i was out i do this alot because i render images in batches at a time, when i returned...
  3. Windows 10 pc stuck on black screen with spinning circle, tried many things, please Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pc stuck on black screen with spinning circle, tried many things, please Help!: I have a windows 10 desktop, was runnning fine for years, kept it updated with windows/gpu drivers etc, used avast one for an AV.The other day i left my pc running stable diffision while i was out i do this alot because i render images in batches at a time, when i returned...
  4. Windows 10 pc stuck on black screen with spinning circle, tried many things, please Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!: Hello chaps! Strange problem: As of last month, most updates do not install on my Win10 Pro machine, e.g. KB5004331 KB5004237 KB5004296 Error code: 0x800f0845 Drivers and some updates install fine however. Things I have tried: 1. SFC /Scannow and DISM Restorehealth 2....
  6. Windows crashes and freezes, tried many things and nothing helped.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows crashes and freezes, tried many things and nothing helped.: Good day I recently upgraded my PC and with that installed a fresh windows 10. It boots fast and seems to be nothing wrong with it until it randomly freezes or blue screen and restarts. I naturally searched the web and found many solutions. Unfortunately none worked. I ran...
  7. Help so many things not working!

Help so many things not working!: Ok so there’s many things where if I click them they don’t open or do anything, I’ll list them now: Settings won’t open Can’t use search bar in left corner When I click the windows icon on desktop in left corner nothing happens Can’t open display settings Sea of thieves...
  8. BSOD issue. Tried too many things still no luck please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue. Tried too many things still no luck please help: Hi Guys, Below is a link to the Dump Files for analysis. Have done clean win 10 install few times even with older versions old drivers system still gives bsod randomly with no proper code. Please help....
  9. Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things

Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things: Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty. I did the Disk Cleanup remove previous windows installation thing yet the empty Windows.old folder wont let me delete it. I changed folder ownership, tired one of those sketchy file "unlocker" programs, and duel booted linux to...
  10. Trying to install program, please help...

Trying to install program, please help...: I get pop-up window with this: the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available Thank you submitted by /u/Luigispotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eebfwg/trying_to_install_program_please_help/