Windows 10: Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

Discus and support Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by loyall, Nov 2, 2019.

1. loyall Win User

Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is up-to-date. Now what can I do?

:)

loyall, Nov 2, 2019

2. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Nov 2, 2019
  3. CharlesWC Win User
    Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

apps disappearing on the "start"

Hi Kevin,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your Start menu concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that some of your apps that you've pinned are missing?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you remember what are the pinned apps that are missing in the Start menu? Do those apps disappear if you re-pin them?
    • Upon seeing the screenshot, you've set the Start Menu to full screen. Can you see the missing pinned apps when disabling the full screen mode of Start menu? To disable the full screen mode of Start menu, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select Personalization.
      • On the left pane, choose Start.
      • Under Start, click he Use Start full screen slider to turn it off.
      • Check if you will see all of your pinned apps.
    • Does the issue also occur when turning on Show more tiles on Start? You can turn on this option by accessing the Personalization settings page of Start.

Argel Obm, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu - Similar Threads - used apps disappeared

2. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  3. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu: [ATTACH]here is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-settings-have-disappeared-the-settings/3415d18e-0e37-4c59-b84a-e782b4243072
  4. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  5. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.: When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and when i lunch any app it gets added to the most used list and then when i restart again it appears empty again. And in other...
  6. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  7. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...
  10. Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them from...