Windows 10: Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

Discus and support Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by crissoliva, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and when i lunch any app it gets added to the most used list and then when i restart again it appears empty again.

And in other times after i restart it appears normally with a full list of my most used apps from before. how to fix this annoying issue?

:)

crissoliva, Mar 2, 2019
  2. loyall Win User

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Mar 2, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 2, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart. [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

1. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart. - Similar Threads - used apps list

2. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  3. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  4. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset "don't show in this list" for Most used apps in Start Menu: The Most used list in the Start menu can be a convenient way to launch your favourite apps. Initially when you first add Most used to the Start Menu it is pre-populated with a default set of apps, but as you open other apps the most frequently used ones will rise to the top...
  6. Pinned Apps disappearing from Start Menu after Restart / Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned Apps disappearing from Start Menu after Restart / Randomly: For some reason there are a few specific Apps (Nuke, InDesign, Skype) that just won't ever stay pinned to my Start Menu Apps. Plenty of other similar apps work like Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc. but there's something about a few specific ones that I am always having to...
  7. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  8. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  9. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  10. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357