Windows 10: Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909

Discus and support Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my computer is rebooted, I log in after a few minutes. When I call up the Taskbar, the MOST USED items are gone, or only one or two of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Electroguy2, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909

When my computer is rebooted, I log in after a few minutes. When I call up the Taskbar, the MOST USED items are gone, or only one or two of them appear. If I then sign off, and log back on again, all of the MOST USED items return. This began to happen after I upgraded to version 1909.

:)

Electroguy2, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909

1. Most used items disappear after reboot - Windows 10 version 1909 - Similar Threads - used items disappear

2. Trying to Upgrade my version of windows build 1909 to the most recent windows 10 version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Upgrade my version of windows build 1909 to the most recent windows 10 version...: Hello,Im having issues in regards to updating my windows 10 version 1909 to the next and so forth. ive tried so many things. The media creation tool, check for updates, clearing caches, making a boot drive through windows. However, none of this is working and usually giving...
  3. Trying to Upgrade my version of windows build 1909 to the most recent windows 10 version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Upgrade my version of windows build 1909 to the most recent windows 10 version...: Hello,Im having issues in regards to updating my windows 10 version 1909 to the next and so forth. ive tried so many things. The media creation tool, check for updates, clearing caches, making a boot drive through windows. However, none of this is working and usually giving...
  4. Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot: Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1316, When I reboot, MOST quick launch shortcuts are deleted from the quick launch folder, and I have to put them back from another location I created as a backup to deal with this issue. Very frustrating. The toolbar itself...
  5. Severe reboot issues in Windows 10 version 1909

Severe reboot issues in Windows 10 version 1909: Hello all... With the latest Windows 10 security update for version 1909, it would not install. It ran through the long process of installing, then rebooted, but then got the screen image that changes were being rolled back because the update did not take place. Tried it...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1909 Restore points disappeared

Windows 10 Version 1909 Restore points disappeared: Periodically I check my restore points to see how many are available in case I need to perform a System Restore. This morning, I checked and all of my existing restore points are gone. I had created a manual restore point a few days ago and at that time there were at...
  7. Windows 10 Random Reboot Loop before and after Update version 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Random Reboot Loop before and after Update version 1909: G'day, My windows version number is now 1909. I was working on a Word.docx and out of nowhere the PC restarted. Following this I did a Google search and noticed there were posts relating to this issue about Reboot Loop and Windows Updates. I looked in Windows Settings and...
  8. Windows 10 Reboot Loop before and after Update version 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reboot Loop before and after Update version 1909: G'day, My windows version number is now 1909. I was working on a Word.docx and out of nowhere the PC restarted. Following this I did a Google search and noticed there were posts relating to this issue about Reboot Loop and Windows Updates. I looked in Windows Settings and...
  9. How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?: Dear experts One of the benefits of Windows10 that returned back from Windows7 is the Recent Menus. Unfortunately, this feature is associated with the "Most Used" section in the Start Menu. As most users, I used Office application frequently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,...
  10. More items to Most used list

in Windows 10 Support
    More items to Most used list: Hey guys! I am trying to figure out how I can have more than 6 items to the most used list in the Start Menu. I have seen screenshots with more but can't find out where to do that in the options... Soooo... here I am. *Biggrin It's not a big deal so if it's not...