Windows 10: Most windows 10 apps crash at the start

Discus and support Most windows 10 apps crash at the start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I open certain apps... few seconds... then crash. Not all of them actually. Some apps seem to work Chrome, Discord, game launchers... Everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Najdoski, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Najdoski Win User

Most windows 10 apps crash at the start

I open certain apps... few seconds... then crash. Not all of them actually. Some apps seem to work Chrome, Discord, game launchers... Everything else like Microsoft Teams, antivirus programs doesn't. Even Notepad doesn't work... I tried everything typing sfc /scannow in the command prompt, updating drivers etc. but nothing helped. I can't even reset my PC, I go to "Reset this PC" and click on "Get started" but that crashes as well.

:)

Najdoski, Mar 23, 2021

2. ALL WINDOWS 10 APPS CRASH AT THE START!!!

Hello,

To determine the solution for your Windows 10 apps crashing problem, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were the apps, referred to your query, downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the problem?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Mar 23, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Most windows 10 apps crash at the start

Apps crashing on windows 10 and can't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing the apps on Windows 10.

Please do let us which are the apps being crashed on your system and from where have you downloaded these apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps
    • Select Advance and click on Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Most windows 10 apps crash at the start

1. Most windows 10 apps crash at the start - Similar Threads - apps crash start

2. Windows 10: Most Apps crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Most Apps crashing: I have a Windows 10 system where most applications are crashing, 2-3 seconds after they launch. Launch window might come up, sometimes they will start to show data or whatever, but a bit after that, the window disappears mostly the hourglass never disappears while launching....
  3. Most apps and processes in Windows 10 on my PC are crashing on opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most apps and processes in Windows 10 on my PC are crashing on opening.: Since yesterday I haven't been able to open any apps such as notepad, sticky notes, snipping tool, guitar pro etc or complete any processes such as troubleshooting or uninstalling from control panel without these things crashing immediately after opening, often before...
  4. My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently: [ATTACH] I know every time I hit Start Menu button or press Window key button or when I hit Search button, and start menu/search menu does not appear, it may be crash on background. I repeated pressing Start button 5-6 times (2-3 seconds between button press) until the...
  5. Windows 10 keeps blue screen crashing and most apps are crashing

Windows 10 keeps blue screen crashing and most apps are crashing: Hello, I have been having my discord, Minecraft, chrome and dead by daylight continuously crash and as well as my computer itself it has blue screened about 5 times now. It started happening yesterday at about 8 pm or 9 pm AEST, I've scanned my computer for malware, I have...
  6. Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10: Hi Apps immediately crash upon launch in Windows 10. Apps I tried are Mail, Calendar and Store. Device is Surface Go. OS is Windows 10 Home. I tried Store, with the idea that I would uninstall Mail and Calendar, then re-install. But, I can't open Store. I tried...
  7. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  8. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  9. Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them...
  10. After Windows 10 Upgrade, Most Apps in Start Menu are Gone...

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 Upgrade, Most Apps in Start Menu are Gone...: ...and there doesn't appear to be a way to add new apps. I asked a pair of questions on this topic over at SuperUser that is outlining my issues with the start menu in Windows 10. The summary is that the Start Menu seems to be relatively broken for me after doing a...