Windows 10: Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebrajBasu, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the version that I was having will not be supported beyond November 2019.

The Update was successfully installed on 07th August 2019 version 1903.

However post this update I have not been able to launch the Native Applications that came as part of the PC like Windows Mail, Photos, Weather, Microsoft Store etc.

I searched this forum, ran the Windows Update Trouble shooter and also followed some steps mentioned by some of the experienced forum members, but still it is not working.

I tried to do the stuff which one particular member called @Vijay_verma mentioned in his detailed step by step method including copy pasting some commands in the Power Shell Admin prompt, but it hasnt worked, what can I do to get these apps working including Windows Store

:)

DebrajBasu, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

I have no problems with the weather app... on my pc, tablets, laptops, or windows phones.
    Must be regional/local problems.

Or, your store/app data files may be corrupt.
    Might want to try the apps troubleshooter.

95Viper, Aug 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

1. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Apps working recent

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. PC stuck after most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck after most recent Windows 10 update: Last night before sleeping I selected "Restart and shut down." Everything went normal until it was stuck loading with "Updating your system 100%" for over half an hour. I talked to the previous owner of this PC and they said that it used to do that and that I should turn it...
  4. Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.: After the recent Update for windows 10 , my computer now says that I have to activate windows all of the sudden where I never had the issue for I have a legal version of windows 10. Please help me resolve this issue for I am not paying for another product key if I have the...
  5. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  6. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

in Cortana
    Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.: Love Cortana but it quit working after the most recent Windows update I believe. The app does not appear on the Task Bar. However, changing 'Regedit' to allow Cortana and changing the zero to #1 adds the app to the Task bar. But an error message continues to state that...
  7. After recent update in November 2020 most of the app not working

After recent update in November 2020 most of the app not working: [ATTACH]Hi, After last update, 3 days before I shutdown my system with update download and today morning on 17 November 2020 I started my window so updates done, but when my system opens after few second I blue screen, " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"....
  8. Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an automatic update after my last shutdown. When I turned the computer back on I discovered that the desktop had changed, apps I used were gone, downloads are gone, and a very significant amount of documents (days of work) are gone. It looks as if I did a total...
  9. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  10. Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi. I updated to Windows 10 last night, and now no apps/programs seem to work for me. All of my installed programs before the update like Skype, Google Chrome, Spotify, downloaded games, etc doesn't seem to be gaining internet access eventhough my computer is connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What You Own software stopped working in windows 10 after recent update